The Stanley Cup Playoffs 2023: Second Round GDT.

Eleven

I had to start this early because the Panthers are already being jerks by restricting ticket sales to purchasers with a US ZIP Code.  (Sorry, @Huckleberry and @steveoath and others; I know how badly you wanted to go to a Toronto-Florida game in a ninth-ring suburb of Miami.)  The first memory I have of this nonsense is Carolina in 2006, and it has continued ever since then.  It's stupid and cowardly.  We, we hardy Sabres fans, we are used to the enemy in our barn.  It is weak to not be able to handle it.

Edited by Eleven
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I had to start this early because the Panthers are already being jerks by restricting ticket sales to purchasers with a US ZIP Code.  (Sorry, @Huckleberry and @steveoath and others; I know how badly you wanted to go to a Toronto-Florida game in a ninth-ring suburb of Miami.)  The first memory I have of this nonsense is Carolina in 2006, and it has continued ever since then.  It's stupid and cowardly.  We, we hardy Sabres fans, we are used to the enemy in our barn.  It is weak to not be able to handle it.

I remember the Versus announcer lying that the cheer was "Let's go Hurricanes" when Sabres fans were drowning out the home fans.

We need to organize expatriates to help us get tickets to road games, I guess.

• Like (+1) 1

Hoping FLA wins it all.  

Have mild dislike to outright disdain for every other team left in the tournament.

Carolina - blank them and their whining over baby eating along with raping and pillaging.

Joisey - Don't care that Lindy Ruff is there nor that they actually play fun hockey now, they ushered in 10 years of the most boring hockey EVER.  F' those guys.

TO - The diatribe would be too long if it starts.

Vegas - No.  Not with all their Cap shenanigans.

Krackers - No.  If the pricks would've joined the league when they were supposed to, rather than a year later the Sabres would've lost Hutton or absolutely nothing.  And losing Hutton would've been addition by subtraction.  Give us Will Borgen back and the Sabres find 2 more points through 82 games.

Eulers - Probably should want them to do something as the Sabres have become the 21st century version of Edmonton East (as opposed to Muckler's efforts to make Buffalo the 20th century version of Edmonton East) but something annoying about that franchise.

Dallas - Maybe someday after they drop the puck at the blueline to the left of Hasek they can earn a championship; but until that puck drops, F' those guys.

The Swamp Cats ruined the B's dream season.  And they did a great job hosting the ASG this year.  Sure, why, not.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Joisey - Don't care that Lindy Ruff is there nor that they actually play fun hockey now, they ushered in 10 years of the most boring hockey EVER.  F' those guys.

Killjoy.

21 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I want Ruff to win it finally, I’m not going to fault the modern Devils for Lou’s impact on that team’s identity for 30 years. 

I think this is where I'm at, too.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I want Kraken and Devils to win but I don't think they will. 

I suspect in the end it will be Leafs Oilers and I'm really going to hate that. 

Don't say that; never give the world any reason to bring that to fruition

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I want Kraken and Devils to win but I don't think they will. 

I suspect in the end it will be Leafs Oilers and I'm really going to hate that. 

An all Canada Cup series would be horrendous. At least for us south of the border. We'll never hear the end of it "the Cup is back where it belongs". I guess NJ or Seattle for me. Slim pickens this year.

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, Eleven said:

Hope this doesn't come back to bite them in the ass. If they don't sell out their home games, that would be more embarrassing than having some Leafs fans there to at least pack the place. 

21 hours ago, Eleven said:

OTOH KA said the players were upset by enemy fans in the building. There is this team's home record to consider. If it increases your chance of success, I say build the moat and fill it with gators.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

OTOH KA said the players were upset by enemy fans in the building. There is this team's home record to consider. If it increases your chance of success, I say build the moat and fill it with gators.

Starting in the 70's, we were all conditioned to Leaves and Habs fans coming over and making a lot of noise.   Then it quickly spread to any Canadian team. 

Now its Pittsburgh, NYR, Boston and NYI.  Some of these games sound like we are the road team.   This has to stop.  You know these fans have no problem buying on-line because there are so many seats open.   

Be a perennial playoff team, sell more season ticket packages, and this should be solved to some extent.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

Hope this doesn't come back to bite them in the ass. If they don't sell out their home games, that would be more embarrassing than having some Leafs fans there to at least pack the place. 

We will see what the Florida market really is.  

We know that Miami does not support any team unless they are winning, and even then they are quick to abandon them.  

Just win Florida, then lose the next series.  

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

Not sure how it would work, but I'm guessing if there are tickets available, some broker or at least a few people who live in the USA might buy them up and sell them in the 2nd hand market to leaf fans?

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Not sure how it would work, but I'm guessing if there are tickets available, some broker or at least a few people who live in the USA might buy them up and sell them in the 2nd hand market to leaf fans?

Good point. I'm not sure how they manage that either. Would be a money maker for sure.

21 hours ago, Eleven said:

I had to start this early because the Panthers are already being jerks by restricting ticket sales to purchasers with a US ZIP Code.  

This is really great - you probably have to click through to a browser to see the video.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I was at the 7-0 beatdown by the Bruins late in the season for my first game in Buffalo. It really felt like I was in beantown. I wasn’t ready for the grim reality of the enemy fanbase literally taking over the rink. Good for the local economy but the shitz for the team.

27 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

My order of preference to win:

Seattle > Florida > New Jersey > Vegas > Carolina > Dallas > Covid shutdown cancellation > Edmonton > Toronto

I want Toronto out above all others. 

After that, no new Cup winners.  No Seattle, no Vegas, no Florida.

After that I don't care enough to think about it.  

I will root for Lindy to get a Cup if anything.   

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.