The Stanley Cup Playoffs 2023: Second Round GDT.

Eleven

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

Again, no new teams get to win it before the Sabres do.  Geez, you people...

I don’t like many teams that are left.

I can tolerate the Oilers the most in the west.

In the east I guess I will pull for Sabres south (Panthers) because they are currently playing the Leafs. I cannot stand by without passionately rooting vs the Leafs. Did I mention I hate the Leafs?

If the Panthers were to meet the Devils in the next round I could switch to Lindy’s team.

14 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Allow me my yearly beef…

I really hate that there is an off day when there are back to back home games in a series. The playoffs going until late June…👎🏻.  

They had it down pat in the late '80's.  The Wales Conference played on day 1 of the playoffs and the Campbell played on day 2 and they kept alternating from there on out the rest of the way.  But TV money f'd that up and we're never getting it back. 

5 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I am rooting for Lindy and the Devils, but they have a real hill to climb.  I thought Carolina was, after Boston, the best team I saw in the NHL this year.

Carolina was the Sabres kryptonite this year (that last game when Carolina had nothing really to play for not withstanding).  Watching the Devils (who are the Sabres with a couple of additions 1 year earlier) get destroyed in game 1 just reinforces this kid's belief that the Sabres would've been a lot better off in the 8 seed rather than the 7 seed (and obviously either was better than the 9 seed).  Carolina was the Sabres kryptonite.  They do what Buffalo tries to do so much better.  Soon our boys will be there, but not yet.

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

That graphic that showed the years since a Stanley cup (about 9:15 left in the third) had the Tampa logo for the Leafs 1967.

Seriously? That’s amazing that they didn’t even get credit for the last win. Lol

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.