GDT: Sabres @ Rangers - April 10, 2023, 7pm, MSG šŸ“ŗ WGR šŸ“»

Porous Five Hole

58 minutes ago, Eleven said:
1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

I think this is Playoff Mitts.Ā  I'm pretty sure this is Playoff Mitts.

If he keeps doing this, I'm going to have to like him.

I don't think he will.

However, I hope he does, and I am willing to like him in return.

7hq39t.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Sam was a good soldier in buffalo

fify.

Frankly, like all ex-Sabres I don't really care too much about their careers once they're gone.Ā  And I have a Reino jersey.

2 hours ago, Slack_in_MA said:

BOOM!!!

Not every goal scorer gets a BOOM!!! when they score, but Mitts does.

Edited by Doohickie

1 hour ago, lowsabre said:

Yeah no, I don't know if I had some sort of aneurysm there for a sec. I was looking at ESPN's point standings and I swear it said 86. Probably just tired

what the hell, it had the panthers at 91 when I checked too an hour ago and now they're 92. what is wrong with me

Their standings were wrong for a bit but have been corrected.Ā  It did say 86.Ā 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

well yeah its why I said Islander don't need to loose, pens and panthers are the ones that need to stick at 92 or lower.

As impressive as these 2 wins over Carolina and the Rangers have been to stay alive, the loss to Florida looms bigger.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, gilbert11 said:

As impressive as these 2 wins over Carolina and the Rangers have been to stay alive, the loss to Florida looms bigger.

Yeah we all knew that was a bad one to loose and made the road tougher.Ā  Anyway last 3 games of the year and we got hope šŸ™‚

• Like (+1) 2

Watched the highlight package. They show any significant save and many that aren't ... Interesting that Levi wasn't called on to do much until toward the end of the second. Then he was terrific. Can't imagine it sits well with the guys who suffered in goal all season.

Also not for nothing but at 75 Sam Rosen is still an amazing pbp guy. Dan could learn a lot from him about how to be the home guy but still respect the opponent. Sam is New York without being New York Obnoxious. Tough needle to thread.

So Panarin in the SO... That wasn't going to count. Please tell me that.

Edited by PASabreFan
Almost 75
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Taro T said:

Not necessarily with the Pens.Ā  They can tie the Pens in RW and ROW and would have the 3rd tie breaker W's over them.Ā  It is unlikely that happens as the Pens now need to be winning at least 1 in a SO, but it is possible.Ā Ā 

They cannot get the tiebreaker over either of the other two.

Gotcha...thanks for the clarification. It seems weird the first tiebreaker isn't head to head record.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, GoPuckYourself said:

Looks like we finally have our guy, only took 9 years but he has arrived!

actually all it took was hiring GMKA...he has this al figured out apparently. I really thought of the tank as worthless as I disliked Jack from the start and while I liked Sam never thought of him as a game-changer. Now with the amazing haul we got for those two, KA has transformed the team into a serious contender. Took longer then we would have liked but the future is so bright we gotta wear shades...Ā Ā 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

• SDS unpinned this topic
1 hour ago, sabrefanday1 said:

actually all it took was hiring GMKA...he has this al figured out apparently. I really thought of the tank as worthless as I disliked Jack from the start and while I liked Sam never thought of him as a game-changer. Now with the amazing haul we got for those two, KA has transformed the team into a serious contender. Took longer then we would have liked but the future is so bright we gotta wear shades...Ā Ā 

Got the red x for "serious contender."

Baby steps so far, but you gotta walk before you can run. The pace of progress has to pick up next season. We should be eating xmas cookies and watching a team solidly in a playoff spot IMHO.

Lurking on the Rangers site. Here's a couple of observations from them.

.They claim that Power's SO goal should have been disallowed because he skated backwards and the puck went backwards and they have the skatemarks to prove it.

.They claim that Levi tripped Kakko on the SO.

.K'Andre Miller had a tough night handling pucks and bobbled that one lost to Tuch on the Mittelstadt goal. IMO, Mittelstadt created that bobble by hacking Fox's stick, causing him to throw a wobbly pass to Miller.

.They say that Kane looks like he's 50 and plays like it.Ā 

.Also that Tarasenko was the only one to shoot in the SO. The rest of the Rangers must've thought they had UPL in net.

I don't care about the other Sabres goalies anymore. What a s-show it has been in goal this year...until now.Ā  Thank you Levi!

Edited by Quint
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Zamboni said:

I didnā€™t think he even played a game. I thought he refused to report. Must be misremembering.

Backup for one, doesn't show on his record since he played zero minutes. Also, can't discuss without this:

Ā 

56 minutes ago, Quint said:

.They claim that Power's SO goal should have been disallowed because he skated backwards and the puck went backwards and they have the skatemarks to prove it.

.K'Andre Miller had a tough night handling pucks and bobbled that one lost to Tuch on the Mittelstadt goal. IMO, Mittelstadt created that bobble by hacking Fox's stick, causing him to throw a wobbly pass to Miller.

.Also that Tarasenko was the only one to shoot in the SO. The rest of the Rangers must've thought they had UPL in net.

I don't care about the other Sabres goalies anymore. What a s-show it has been in goal this year...until now.Ā  Thank you Levi!

Can't really disagree with any of those.

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Quint said:

He did trip him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.