GDT: Sabres @ Rangers - April 10, 2023, 7pm, MSG 📺 WGR 📻

Porous Five Hole

29 minutes ago, Taro T said:

No.  Sabres can't get the tiebreak over the Otters nor the Swamp Cats.  It's unlikely they get the tiebreak now over the Pens either, but it is still an outside possibility.

well yeah its why I said Islander don't need to loose, pens and panthers are the ones that need to stick at 92 or lower.

Just now, Contempt said:

Exactly how many times do I have to credit the player for making a great shot and tell him to keep doing it?

Well, you give credit while saying the move is illegal, but since they don't call it, it is ok.  

Patronizing, yet insincere. 

Just now, Pimlach said:

Well, you give credit while saying the move is illegal, but since they don't call it, it is ok.  

Patronizing, yet insincere. 

Saying something is really close to illegal is different from saying it IS illegal and it's also factual and it's neither patronizing nor insincere. At this point you are just looking for something.  Go back a couple pages, there's plenty of legit stuff to criticize back there.

8 minutes ago, Sabres73 said:

DG in post game says he's not committed to Levi starting the next game because of fatigue, but he's not ruling it out. Decision hasn't been made.

I’d still take a fatigued Levi over UPL or Comrie.

Cant even imagine how mad we’d be if we start UPL tomorrow and he puts up a stinker to kill our season. 

I can’t imagine a scenario where Levi isn’t our starter going into next season. The alternatives are clearly not on the same level regardless of the sample size.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 4

Just now, Bangarang said:

Cant even imagine how mad we’d be if we start UPL tomorrow and he puts up a stinker to kill our season. 

I can’t imagine a scenario where Levi isn’t our starter going into next season. The alternatives are clearly not on the same level regardless of the sample size. 

Not disagreeing, but you could see Levi have a bad game because of exhaustion, while another rested goalie plays solid in his absence.

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

Unless we sign Andersen 🙂

• Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, lowsabre said:

Yeah no, I don't know if I had some sort of aneurysm there for a sec. I was looking at ESPN's point standings and I swear it said 86. Probably just tired

what the hell, it had the panthers at 91 when I checked too an hour ago and now they're 92. what is wrong with me

An hour ago, they probably hadn't updated the standings to include their OTL so they would've been at 91.

7 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I think this is Playoff Mitts.  I'm pretty sure this is Playoff Mitts.

If he keeps doing this, I'm going to have to like him.

I don't think he will.

However, I hope he does, and I am willing to like him in return.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I am staunchly opposed to playing goalies back-to-back nights, or at least I think I am. 

Not sure what I'd do tomorrow. 

If you're going to play a goalie back to back, one that just came out of college and used to playing consecutive games over a weekend is your best bet.

1 minute ago, Doohickie said:

If you're going to play a goalie back to back, one that just came out of college and used to playing consecutive games over a weekend is your best bet.

Lindy Ruff in a battle against mediocre goaltending is a recipe for disaster.  Levi can rest on Wednesday.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

well yeah its why I said Islander don't need to loose, pens and panthers are the ones that need to stick at 92 or lower.

You said the Sabres would have the tiebreak over them at 93.  That isn't correct.  The Sabres can't get the tiebreak over the Aisles.  They need to be ahead of them.  So, the Aisles need to stay at 91 or at most 92 or the Sabres can't be ahead of them.

1 hour ago, Contempt said:

He scored a goal. Take all the victory laps. I don't like the player long term and I would rather have the top 4 defenseman he can be turned into. Would you rather I flipped and started gushing over him?

With the goal he scored tonight he equaled his goal totals from January and March combined. Those games counted too.

Your island must be getting pretty lonely 

• Haha (+1) 3

Just now, Crusader1969 said:

Your island must be getting pretty lonely 

I can acknowledge a guy is playing well while at the same time wanting my team to ultimately trade him. If you want to keep him that's fine. He's having a really nice April. There's no disputing that.

If I end up being wrong and he turns into Craig Janney and plays this way all the time that's great, it makes the team better, I'm sure you'll all be here to give me grief. I'm really not that worried about it nor am I keeping score about who is taking that line or not. The board is about having opinions. You don't agree with mine. That's fine.  I'm also not here @ ing people every time he puts up a -4 in a game or has a 3.8% shooting percentage month in the middle of a playoff drive.

You guys like the player recently, some more vigorously and more recently than others. I still don't. It is what it is. I see his improved play as a way to get a top 4 defensemen that we also need. 

Sesame Street Idk GIF

8 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

I bet you are a lot of fun at parties 

333A58DD-F27F-4BD3-A8B3-89DA4E96FCAE.jpeg

So we can't have an objective conversation about what we saw? The 4 guys that deked all got stopped. The one guy that came in with speed, backed Levi into the net to take advantage of his lack of size, and shot scored. It's something to watch for next time, that's all. FFS

Edited by Contempt
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Okay. What free agent goalie is Devon Levi? I'll hang up and listen.

He didn't have to be Devon Levi. Don't be silly. He just had to be better than the old man, the career back up and the hot and cold big but flawed kid. 

The comparison is obvious. The team we play next New Jersey. Would our positions be switched if we'd gotten Vanacek?

We could have made a deal with Washington and protected him.

We could have offered a 2nd to Seattle to get him.

We could have offered 2 2nds and a 3rd to Washington to get him that time. 

and we could have made a better offer in both cases. 

Just one example, but where would NJ be WITHOUT Vanacek? 

Imagine what we'd look like right now with Vanacek signed and Levi coming in to play with him. We'd be solid for years.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.