GDT: Sabres @ Rangers - April 10, 2023, 7pm, MSG 📺 WGR 📻

Porous Five Hole

Anybody who still thinks Levi needs to spend some time in Roch needs to get their head examined.

Wether they make the playoffs or not, this past week feels like a turning point for the franchise.  

Boy what a difference a goalie makes.   

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Contempt said:

Yeah, but if he starts someone else and they get shelled and the other teams lose that cover is very much gone.  Just play your best guys, don't over think it.

Yup.  That's why I said "if the other teams keep winning." 

But I will say that playing Levi B2B is a very bold move.

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

No.  He flat out refused to play for them.  He backed up 1 only because the Sabres didn't have anyone else healthy to go. 

Yea that’s how I remember it too. Well sorta. I didn’t even think he suited up for a game 😂

Edited by Zamboni

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

On what basis was it illegal? It looked well within the rules to me. It was just that his approach seemed so casual that made it a little unique. 

It appeared that the puck moved backwards when he pulled it from his backhand to his forehand. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Mitts has come a long way from the middle of last season for sure. I noticed in the 3rd when the puck was bounced of a Ranger player at their blueline back in to their own zone, he immediately transitioned from backwards to forwards and the speed burst was incredible. His board play is very good, great on ice vision....ya, He's going to be just fine.

The key appears to have been getting him on a line without VO. Before he filled in for Tage at center on the top line I would have said playing him at wing was another key, but he is proving me wrong about being able to be an effective centerman. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Yea that’s how I remember it too. Well sorta. I didn’t even think he suited up for a game 😂

I think i remember it being one of the arenas where the backup goalie doesnt even have a spot on the bench so he had to sit behind the zamboni doors or something. 

Edited by sodbuster

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

On what basis was it illegal? It looked well within the rules to me. It was just that his approach seemed so casual that made it a little unique. 

The puck has to continually move toward the goalline and Power, as he cut across, moved it backwards.  This happens often in tight as guys deke to shoot but his was pretty long and exaggerated and the puck definitely moved pretty distinctly the wrong way and with the way his feet were it was REALLY close as to whether Owen himself was moving away from the goalline as well. Like I said, I've never seen it called so push that limit all day long.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

We don't have the tiebreaker on the Isles...Isles have 35 regulation wins, Sabres only have 29. Even if they were to win all 3 games left in regulation they could only get to a max of 32.

Sabres will need to have one more point than the 2nd wildcard team currently does because they are going to lose our on tiebreakers to all of the possible teams(FLO, NYI, PIT)

If the Sabres win out they will have the tie breaker against PIT if the Pens finish with 93 points. They'd both finish with 32 RW wins, and the Sabs would take it on total wins. 

8 minutes ago, Taro T said:

No.  He flat out refused to play for them.  He backed up 1 only because the Sabres didn't have anyone else healthy to go. 

You are 100% correct. For some reason I thought he played for the Sabres for one game. I just remember he was traded a few times and ended up in Boston for a few years and played pretty ***** good. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.