The Johnson watch has started

Turbo44

2 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Has Johnson and his camp made a statement?   

I am not seeing one, but this thread reads like he isn't signing.   

If he was signing with the Sabres he would have done it already once the Sabres were eliminated to get a meaningless game or two in to burn a year of the ELC .  Not doing so, the obvious read is that he isn't signing.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

If he was signing with the Sabres he would have done it already once the Sabres were eliminated to get a meaningless game or two in to burn a year of the ELC .  Not doing so, the obvious read is that he isn't signing.

That’s what I suspected.  He has always cast a shadow of apprehension.  

9 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Hopefully this is Botterill's final parting gift to the Sabres.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Cascade Youth said:

I don’t know about the agent thing but this team seems to have an awful hard time closing these things out and it’s a possible red flag.

Red flag, 😂. Sooo many college players fail to sign here. Patterson, Portillo, maybe Johnson. Hundreds !

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

When else has Adams had a hard time closing "these things"? 

Portillo, and then...Portillo ..Levi, oh wait.

• dislike 1

4 hours ago, Taro T said:

If he'd rather play in college 1 more year than get on with his life, then good luck to the team that signs him as a FA.  They'll need it.

comedy central adam demamp GIF by Workaholics

3 hours ago, Kr632 said:

How much time and money did they really spend? He's not under contract. 

Room and board at development camp?

I want guys who want to be here. I also more importantly want big defensemen who hit and stay at home. The Sabres don't seem to know how to choose defensemen unless they're handed to them as an overall #1. Amerks are weak defensively too.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Further I'm at the point of not caring. He doesn't, why should we?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Quint said:

I want guys who want to be here. I also more importantly want big defensemen who hit and stay at home. The Sabres don't seem to know how to choose defensemen unless they're handed to them as an overall #1. Amerks are weak defensively too.

Mattias Samuelsson.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Quint said:

Samuelsson says WTF 😳 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Quint said:

I mean, what 1st or 2nd round drafted Dmen have they whiffed on?  As I wouldn’t include anyone drafted lower as they basically have little chance to make the NHL.  They just haven’t drafted a ton of Dmen in those spots.  Minus the 1st overalls, Samuelsson and Johnson are it. Both seem like decent picks.  I think we see them restock the defensive pipeline this year via draft and trades. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Quint said:

There are two good ones this draft that should be there at 13.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, French Collection said:

Hanifin would be an upgrade. I am over the LHD/RHD thing now. Get Graves as a UFA and have 5/6 D play LH.

He played with Greenway and Tuch at the USNDTP. DG would know him.

Hanifin and Graves are the two I would like to see brought in. It's a pretty good roster of UFA on D, but that would be my first choice.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Crazy there hasn't been any update.

For what?  Johnson?  He isn't signing. 

We will draft a defenseman with our first pick, if we don't trade it away for a proven NHL defenseman.  

Just now, Pimlach said:

For what?  Johnson?  He isn't signing. 

We will draft a defenseman with our first pick, if we don't trade it away for a proven NHL defenseman.  

Hoping they draft a D with that pick (well, actually, hoping they trade it and Olofsson for a D that is more on this team's current time line) but it doesn't sound like any D worth a 1st round pick will be available at that pick.  Would rather see another F taken there, if that is in fact the case, than see them reach.

Expect Adams will take the best available (again, provided he hasn't traded the pick).

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Hoping they draft a D with that pick (well, actually, hoping they trade it and Olofsson for a D that is more on this team's current time line) but it doesn't sound like any D worth a 1st round pick will be available at that pick.  Would rather see another F taken there, if that is in fact the case, than see them reach.

Expect Adams will take the best available (again, provided he hasn't traded the pick).

Trading the pick for veteran D makes the most sense. Wonder how much it would cost to move up from 13 to grab Reinbacher?