GDT: Edmonton Oilers @ Buffalo Sabres 3/6/2023 at 7:30PM EST on ESPN+

OverPowerYou

3 minutes ago, steveoath said:

You cannot preach a culture of earning the right to play, then sit a contributor while playing a non-factor like Olofsson. 

Non-factor? He’s on pace for thirty goals 

That line was creating chances all over the place last game. Give that line a chance

I don’t like sitting Yost, I mean Jost, though 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

That line was creating chances all over the place last game. Give that line a chance

Non-factor indeed, if we're talking about his last 12 games. 0 goals, 3 assists (none in his last 8), -10. 

When he's not scoring he brings nothing to the table. I'm so sick of watching him turn away from defenders on the point and allowing passing lanes to open up. 

image.png.99118e795016b07094d5ef9dd400731b.png

21 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Wrong choice of words, but he hasn't contributed meaningfully in the last few gamea

48 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I don't understanding sitting Jost. Am I missing something?

Maybe he's dinged a bit too?

3 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

All run and fun, questionable understanding of defensive responsibilities

That's starting to change for the Sabres.  Their deadline deals were with defense and toughness in mind.  Also, Lyubushkin is stepping up in that department.  I think EDM might be surprised at how the Sabres can be tough AND talented. 

Oh crap.  Just read Stillman and Muel are both out.

jumping GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

2 of the highest scoring teams in hockey(#1 Oilers and #3 Sabres) and 2 of the worst defensive teams(#8 worst Sabres and #12 worst Oilers).

2 of the best PP units(#1 Oilers/#5 Sabres) versus 2 of the worst PK units(#2 worst Sabres/#8 worst Oilers).

Defense optional in this one?  7-5 Sabres?

Edited by matter2003

1 minute ago, Flashsabre said:

They tried. Armstrong wasn’t having it.

I know the deets.  GMKA didn’t want to give up Kulich or Savoie.  I’m good with not shipping either of them off but man the Sabres D is painfully thin.  One injury to any of the top 3 and they are in a tough spot. Two injuries within the top 6.  AHL D here we come.  I guess just play Power and Dahlin 28 minutes each. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.