GDT: Edmonton Oilers @ Buffalo Sabres 3/6/2023 at 7:30PM EST on ESPN+

OverPowerYou

58 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Non-factor? He’s on pace for thirty goals 

That line was creating chances all over the place last game. Give that line a chance

I don’t like sitting Yost, I mean Jost, though 

43 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

Non-factor indeed, if we're talking about his last 12 games. 0 goals, 3 assists (none in his last 8), -10. 

When he's not scoring he brings nothing to the table. I'm so sick of watching him turn away from defenders on the point and allowing passing lanes to open up. 

image.png.99118e795016b07094d5ef9dd400731b.png

Woof. Non Factor is 100% the correct word. 

18 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

No, not really. He was in on a whole bunch of chances last game, break away, two on ones, etc. That's a factor. Yes, I wish he scored, but it will come. 

The instant gratification society won't send him an award, though 

Yea... not in the mood for this level of BS today. 

Something fishy is going on.   Guys are finishing games, seemingly healthy and then showing up on the injury report and missing games days later....

Tuch, Dahlin, Jost, Samuelsson all in the last 2 weeks.

It's hockey, everyone is nursing something at this time of year, and these are basically playoff games for this squad.

Make it make sense.

Man, wtf. Ima have to buy the Plus for the month. Gotta watch Jordan "Gordie Howe Hattie" Greenway in his debut. Then the Islanders game. Why in the ***** are they airing the Sabres two games in a row on that ***** ***** stream??? Total *****!!! Gtfo my lawn!!!

Edited by Claude Balls
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Something fishy is going on.   Guys are finishing games, seemingly healthy and then showing up on the injury report and missing games days later....

It's hockey, everyone is nursing something at this time of year, and these are basically playoff games for this squad.

Make it make sense.

monty python scratch GIF

45 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

No, not really. He was in on a whole bunch of chances last game, break away, two on ones, etc. That's a factor. Yes, I wish he scored, but it will come. 

The instant gratification society won't send him an award, though 

19 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Charming. Olofsson isn't good, sorry you are emotionally invested in that being wrong. 

It's a bit of a moot point because Jost is banged up which is why he's sitting, BUT, if he wasn't sitting I'd be a strong advocate of sitting Oloffsson for a game in the hopes of sparking something to get him going. 

It's a stretch to flat-out call him not good when he can realistically hit 30 goals this year. His problem is that he's a one-dimensional player who becomes ineffective when he can't do his one-dimensional thing, and my patience with him wears thinner each game his non-factor streak continues. It's usually at this point where he turns it on and will put up 8 goals over the next 12 games or something and I think, "damn, Olofsson is so good, sometimes I wonder why I want him traded" and then he goes cold again and I think "I wish KA would trade his ass."

This is all a long winded way of saying he's the most polarizing player on the team for me. If we get back to a point where our non-IR forwards are all healthy I'd like to see a rotation of that 13th forward, sitting VO (unless he picks it up), Peterka, Greenway and / Hinistroza depending on performance and the opponent. 

• Like (+1) 1

Was planning on going to this one but the wifey wasn't sure she'd get out of work early today until 30 minutes after somebody bought the tix. Oh, well, the Dallas game should be fun too.

Sabres usually play well against the Eulers. Let's hope that trend continues.

Edited by Taro T
  • Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Make it make sense.

a5634447-10fd-44ca-b756-650792a3baf7_tex

• Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, steveoath said:

Wrong choice of words, but he hasn't contributed meaningfully in the last few gamea

Last few? More like the last 10. Zero goals, 2 assists (both against LA on 2/13) and a minus 9 in his last 10. 

4 minutes ago, BlueAndGoldTankCommander said:

Greetings again Sabres fans, I regret to inform you that B&GTM's crew is going to the game again tonight.

We are 0-7 in-person.

Go Sabres, plan accordingly!

Why don't you change your plans and instead go to the lacrosse game? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.