Forward Jordan Greenway Traded to Buffalo for a 2023 2nd VGK and 2024 5th Round Pick

Brawndo

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Would agree.

And expect Greenway takes Peterka's slot for now and if Okposo isn't back next year (keep slowly coming around to expecting him not back) then he steps into that role right off.  Anybody know if he played with Jost when they were both in Minnesota?

That's what makes this interesting, if Jost was smothered there, maybe Greenway was too 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Yes, he loses this fight, but now we have somebody to run Tampa's goalie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesssssss. We get a guy who will fight fire with fire. As I've been noting all season, the only way for lesser talented teams to equal the playing field with the Sabres is to play dirty. Now we have a few players who can - and want to - bring the heavy. Very nice.

Edited by ...
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JoeSchmoe said:

I get that he's big and plays a defense first game, but 2G and 5A all year appears to be WELL below the Mendoza Line of being a legit NHL forward.

It looks like Adams is banking on this being a down year for him because his past years look quite respectable for a 3/4 line role. Let's hope he guessed right.

Well, there were reports Adams was "lurking in the weeds", right?

These are the kind of value deals you see under that umbrella 

• Like (+1) 2

Gat damn it feels good to be rooting for a buyer instead of a seller again.

Im genuinely surprised.  I thought we were done.  I think it’s too late to affect this season, but it should be a good sign to the team that we are still trying and expected to win.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Weave said:

Gat damn it feels good to be rooting for a buyer instead of a seller again.

Im genuinely surprised.  I thought we were done.  I think it’s too late to affect this season, but it should be a good sign to the team that we are still trying and expected to win.

Personally, I think it's more likely to positively affect this season than next. He's a reasonable player and he'l be in the mix for a depth role next season, but I'd guess the message to the team might play kinda well, here

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JoeSchmoe said:

I get that he's big and plays a defense first game, but 2G and 5A all year appears to be WELL below the Mendoza Line of being a legit NHL forward.

It looks like Adams is banking on this being a down year for him because his past years look quite respectable for a 3/4 line role. Let's hope he guessed right.

Prior to this year Greenway Ek Foligno was probably the best 3rd line in the league.

This is absolutely about roster construction and betting that one coaching change pushed him off track and another will get him back on.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Take out this year with the bad numbers and annualize the previous 3 seasons over 82 games and you get:

82games, 10 goals, 28 assists, 76 Pms,  14:47 minutes per game

Obviously with his lack of production this year, if you averaged that in the production numbers would be a bit lower.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, shrader said:

I'd say they have a pretty clear goal to add some physical play.  I can't complain about that.

So, contrary to the reports we've been hearing from a few around here, Adams and Granato might actually have an understanding about what the team was lacking.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Shocked 2
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

This year.. but as has been noted. His style does not fit the Wild style this year. In his previous years he has put up points.  He won't tear it up, but he doesn't suck.

And he was a +26 last year.. as noted.. if he can help shutdown the opposition that's good enough for this team.

• Like (+1) 6

33 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

DG knows him from his time with USA Hockey I believe. 

32 minutes ago, Curt said:

He is from Canton NY.  Played in the USDP, anyone know if he was there the same time as Granato?

Yes Granato was His Coach at the USNTP

21 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I’m not sure about right now, but probably right on for next year.

Im liking the idea of pairing him with Krebs.

I would swap out Olofsson 😬

• Agree 3

Just now, Taro T said:

So, contrary to the reports we've been hearing from a few around here, Adams and Granato might actually have an understanding about what the team was lacking.

This is what I find so heartening about the two "big" moves.  They are getting more grit and are aware that we have skill to burn.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Taro T said:

Never said they didn't understand the team needs, more that they felt they would be addressed internally and the defensive issue remains. 

Just now, Brawndo said:

Yes Granato was His Coach at the USNTP

I would swap out Olofsson 😬

I'd trade Olofsson now. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Never said they didn't understand the team needs, more that they felt they would be addressed internally and the defensive issue remains. 

I'd trade Olofsson now. 

Did you see yourself in the post you quoted?  Not sure why you did.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.