Forward Jordan Greenway Traded to Buffalo for a 2023 2nd VGK and 2024 5th Round Pick

Brawndo

With Asplund traded I'm hoping this guy can provide some competition for the 13th forward slot. For whatever reason Asplund Granato/Adams did not like what they saw from Asplund and he was stapled to bench. Hopefully we can see some sort of rotation between Greenway, Hinistroza and Peterka - who I really feel could use a game or two to watch from above.

Ā 

Ā 

12 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Jost would have provided insight on that exact point.

Greenway is too young to be washed up. He just fell out of favour with the coach or couldnā€™t find a role in the changes.

Guerin wanted much needed cap space.

Greenway is from Canton NY, does that provide a bit of a Tuch vibe?

I grew up in Buffalo and just moved to Canton a couple years ago. Ā Everyone up here LOVES him. Ā His jersey is framed on walls in a lot of buildings.Ā 
Iā€™m hearing unfortunately he grew up a Rangers fan (most people up here are Rangers fans)Ā 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Speaking of Jost, this deal with Minnesota could be interpreted as a combination with taking him off waivers. They're both players the Wild couldn't keep for next season because of the buyout penalties.

Jost + Greenway for a 2nd + 5th

If Jost can get 10-15 goals and Greenway can add 8-12 (his career high, but enter Granato) next season on a 3rd/4th line role, that's a major upgrade from where the Sabres have been with Asplund, Eakin, etc.

You make a good point that these lower line players can contribute more offensively than previous lower line players. They certainly are not upper line players but they do add more grit with some scoring ability. Improving the lower lines adds better balance to the roster. Not major deals but good deals.Ā 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Allen said:

I grew up in Buffalo and just moved to Canton a couple years ago. Ā Everyone up here LOVES him. Ā His jersey is framed on walls in a lot of buildings.Ā 
Iā€™m hearing unfortunately he grew up a Rangers fan (most people up here are Rangers fans)Ā 

Not anymore. Ā 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

the who now?

Ā 

I love the sound of this player. Let's go, Buffalo!!

Good catch, I completely messed up thinking it was the (insert correct grammatical term) of duplicative. It is not. Thank you!

Let's use redundancy instead. No --- they're not equal players. But the team had only 4 guys with size on the wing: Tuch, Okposo, Girgs, and now Greenway. Greenway can't replace Tuch, but he can play Tuch's role.

Meanwhile, the top-end: Skinner, QuinnĀ  Ā  Ā and the energy/speed: Hino/JJPĀ  Ā  Ā and the shooter:Ā  Quinn/Skinner again, plus VO.Ā  Ā They were all covered by who could back each other up and interchange with each other.

Edited by DarthEbriate
  • Thanks (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Iā€™ve been asking for this deal for days. Ā It just made to much sense. Ā Great move from KA, but where is the D help? šŸ˜‰

You have been persistent on acquiring this guy.Ā Ā 

10 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Power forwards usually take longer im excited for whats About to come.

I can see this asĀ Johan Franzen part 2Ā 

The original Muel, ftrĀ 

But unlikely. Franzen was a playoff beastĀ 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.