Erik Portillo traded to the Kings for a 2023 3rd Round Pick

Brawndo

• Brawndo changed the title to Eric Portillo traded to the Kings for a 2023 3rd Round Pick
  • Brawndo changed the title to Erik Portillo traded to the Kings for a 2023 3rd Round Pick

The beauty of this deal is that Portillo could still play out his college career, become a UFA, and sign with the Sabres.  It's highly unlikely, but could happen.  In the meantime, let's get Levi signed as soon as the Northeastern season ends and hopefully the Euro goalie the Sabres drafted in the 2nd round last year develops into something (and UPL continues to develop at the NHL level).  Given that Portillo was highly unlikely to sign with the Sabres, this was a smart move by the team.  I'm a Michgan Wolverine, so I'm disappointed that one of my guys isn't going to join his former teammate Owen Power in Buffalo, but this is objectively a good move to get something for what would likely have amounted to nothing.

Edited by msw2112

There ya go folks. I'm told that 3rd pick will be slotted in to the 2nd defensive pairing, until it actually gets used on draft day for a Josh Bloom type player.

Adam's successfully picked up a depth D and  a 3/4 d pairing cardboard cut out stand in. Without spending high end assets in prpospects or picks. I'd say he's been quite successful.

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

There ya go folks. I'm told that 3rd pick will be slotted in to the 2nd defensive pairing, until it actually gets used on draft day for a Josh Bloom type player.

Adam's successfully picked up a depth D and  a 3/4 d pairing cardboard cut out stand in. Without spending high end assets in prpospects or picks. I'd say he's been quite successful.

Maybe I'm tired but.

Dave Chapelle GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.