GDT: Blue Jackets @ Sabres - Feb. 28, 2023, 7:30pm, ESPN+/Hulu 📺, WGR 📻

LGR4GM

9 minutes ago, Taro T said:

2 things.  1 - a fair portion of the STH base are people with only 1/2 season packages so there will be more playoff tix bought on a per game basis by STHers than in the regular season.

And 2 - if there really are concerns about a lot of visiting fans buying the tix directly from the Sabres, in the past when the STH base was about 1/2 of the available seats STHers were allowed to double their ticket allotment prior to tix going on sale to the general public.  Considering many of the STHers actually split tix with friends / family that would ensure a lot more tix are going to Sabres fans as those tix wil be put on the market at much lower rates than RS tix get put on the market.

Should the Sabres make the playoffs, the crowd won't look like the crowd at the typical Loafs game.  It won't be 100% Sabres fans, but it won't be embarrassing either.

The Sabres could do several things to limit out of town fans. But local fans have to buy tickets. I see people on Twitter losing their minds at paying $78 for two tickets for tonight's game. What happens when tickets are twice that?

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Something something evil Ricky Bobby 

so, lower body

Anderson. Curious. You'd think this was tailor-made for a Comrie start. Especially with the Bruins in 2 days.

25 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The Sabres could do several things to limit out of town fans. But local fans have to buy tickets. I see people on Twitter losing their minds at paying $78 for two tickets for tonight's game. What happens when tickets are twice that?

Anderson. Curious. You'd think this was tailor-made for a Comrie start. Especially with the Bruins in 2 days.

Nowhere near as worried about this as you are.

Hopefully we get a chance to see who's right.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Taro T said:

I think I liked the blank space better. 😉

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Maybe they kid glove treatment was meant to save Anderson for the home stretch and playoffs?

If the Sabres make the playoffs, Anderson starts game 1. I still doubt they overload him down the stretch though. That's why this is interesting, only 1 game off between starts this time. Maybe he's just got great splits against Columbus.

9 minutes ago, OverPowerYou said:

This may sound strange, but I don’t go to Sabres games because I don’t like going when the arena is half empty. That’s why I haven’t gone since 2016

It's like the opposite of the Yogi Berra quote about no one going to a certain restaurant anymore because it is too busy. 

39 minutes ago, OverPowerYou said:

This may sound strange, but I don’t go to Sabres games because I don’t like going when the arena is half empty. That’s why I haven’t gone since 2016

Annoy Karla Souza GIF by ABC Network

Edited by Pimlach

Have the Sabres tried to sell a "rest of the season" season ticket that is priced similar to the original season tickets that were sold that also provided the same preference for playoff tickets ??

Everyone seems to say that the issue is the STH base being so low and that it will only be fixed next year.

If a particular game is already sold for the specific seat, they could always skip that game (and reprice) or allow alternative seat selection.

10 minutes ago, Georgia Blizzard said:

Have the Sabres tried to sell a "rest of the season" season ticket that is priced similar to the original season tickets that were sold that also provided the same preference for playoff tickets ??

Everyone seems to say that the issue is the STH base being so low and that it will only be fixed next year.

If a particular game is already sold for the specific seat, they could always skip that game (and reprice) or allow alternative seat selection.

Not to my knowledge.  Given the STH piece, I think it becomes pretty complex stuff with a bunch of variables.  I wonder if TP or whoever is making decisions would consider tapping Ventura and the data guys to get involved.  Build max revenue model.  
- ticket revenue
- beer revenue
- merch revenue
- STH discontent negative impact on renewal rate
etc 

But again, as noted up thread, optimistic me says demand is going to explode over the next 12 months and then the equation gets a lot easier.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.