GDT: Blue Jackets @ Sabres - Feb. 28, 2023, 7:30pm, ESPN+/Hulu 📺, WGR 📻

LGR4GM

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The Sabres could do several things to limit out of town fans. But local fans have to buy tickets. I see people on Twitter losing their minds at paying $78 for two tickets for tonight's game. What happens when tickets are twice that?

Anderson. Curious. You'd think this was tailor-made for a Comrie start. Especially with the Bruins in 2 days.

People who are borrowing money to pay their rent every month shouldn't be attending Sabres games. If $78 is a lot of money to someone, the problem isn't the price of tickets, the problem is they don't make enough money.

Edited by matter2003

Lots of other teams in the wild card mix in action tonight:

Detroit vs Ottawa - I think we root for Ottawa here, a win puts them at 64 points tied with Detroit. If we lose we're only 2 points above that, a win puts us 4 points up.

Florida vs Tampa

Islanders vs Wild

Pens vs Preds

We need to beat the bad teams so we can absorb losses against the better teams. 

Just win, baby.

2 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

Lots of other teams in the wild card mix in action tonight:

Detroit vs Ottawa - I think we root for Ottawa here, a win puts them at 64 points tied with Detroit. If we lose we're only 2 points above that, a win puts us 4 points up.

Florida vs Tampa

Islanders vs Wild

Pens vs Preds

We need to beat the bad teams so we can absorb losses against the better teams. 

Just win, baby.

JFC, are we sure the Isles are only playing 82 games this year?  They don't have another 3 or 4 tacked onto their schedule?  Literally every night we play they are playing too.

2 hours ago, Spoonman said:

We need Andy in Basten, I would play Upie.

Comrie should be shelved for throw in for a trade for another G (a Talbott, Demko, etc….. Talbott bridge for playoff run, & if Demko to get to Levi).

Whelp, looks like  Andy tonight.Upie beat Basten in bean town last time? 

I am still Comrie on bench as possible trade piece.

12 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

JFC, are we sure the Isles are only playing 82 games this year?  They don't have another 3 or 4 tacked onto their schedule?  Literally every night we play they are playing too.

The closer we get to the end of the regular season the more I don't understand how we're going to make up the 5 or 6 games on hand with them.

Just now, Taro T said:

Houser was signed and waived.  He had no effect on the 23 man roster.

So they're off the roster the second they're waived?  I always assumed it was once they were claimed/cleared.  You have those guys every so often who are waived but then never sent down.

2 minutes ago, shrader said:

So they're off the roster the second they're waived?  I always assumed it was once they were claimed/cleared.  You have those guys every so often who are waived but then never sent down.

The act of "waiving" the player is the act of removing them from the active NHL roster either by re-assignment (regular) or because you're buying out the contract (unconditional). Waivers come in once the player is removed from the roster. Not before.

Better way to phrase it: think of waivers as the window during which other teams can claim a player after he is reassigned/removed from the NHL roster. 

22 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

The closer we get to the end of the regular season the more I don't understand how we're going to make up the 5 or 6 games on hand with them.

Sabres had a couple of game postponed during the snowstorms.  Add to that the Isles only play 12 games in March.

Unfortunately, there are a good number of back-to-backs coming for the boys.

4 minutes ago, BlueAndGoldTankCommander said:

Greetings Sabres fans!

I would like to advise you that we are going to the game tonight and our beloved Sabres have lost every game we have attended this year!

Plan accordingly!

It's the Columbus No Jackets, the Sabres are going to put the beat down on them. Enjoy the show 😉

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, BlueAndGoldTankCommander said:

Greetings Sabres fans!

I would like to advise you that we are going to the game tonight and our beloved Sabres have lost every game we have attended this year!

Plan accordingly!

I don't think I've seen a win in person in over 10 years at this point.  You need to take a page out of my book and just take one for the team.  Stay far, far away.

Edit: Oh god, it's over 12 years at this point.  The last game I ever went to in Boston was Lucic/Miller and they sure as hell have never won since I moved to North Carolina.

Edited by shrader
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Attached is a WGR link that has Don Granato on the Howard and Jeremy Show. It is a 20 minute segment. Granato is great to listen to. He answers the questions and gives as much information about his thoughts that he can reasonably do for a person in his position. There is an interesting segment within the link where he strongly believes that improvement is going to come from within more than from the outside. No question this is the front office's stance that will influence any deals or limit some deals. He made an interesting comment that he didn't want to be involve in the Jack trade talk or felt it would be appropriate to do so. However, he did talk with the GM about the players being proposed to come from a deal. He also made some glowing comments about Power and felt that he should win the rookie award. 

https://www.audacy.com/wgr550/authors/howard-and-jeremy-show

1 hour ago, shrader said:

He is still on the roster but under a separate designation while on waivers.  He isn't available to the parent nor farm club while on waivers and he doesn't count against any roster limits while on waivers.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.