Jiri Kulich named AHL Player of the Week

Brawndo

22 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

awesome for him, he'll be in the lineup next season most likely I'm assuming?

It’s going to be very interesting to see how KA handles Savoie and Kulich next season.  Savoie is NHL or CHL and Kulich will only be 19 next year.  The Sabres are also packed with forwards either under contract or under team control.  The only important UFA are team leaders KO and Z.  

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Well deserved. Anyone who’s been watching a lot of Amerks games has seen his progression and I’m not surprised in the least by him being named player of the week.

His skating and shot are noticeable.  The rest of his game I’m kinda oblivious to.  He’s not like Quinn, Peterka or Krebs where you immediately knew these guys were good.  But he’s still 18/19 so I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.  

• Thanks (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, inkman said:

His skating and shot are noticeable.  The rest of his game I’m kinda oblivious to.  He’s not like Quinn, Peterka or Krebs where you immediately knew these guys were good.  But he’s still 18/19 so I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.  

He's still 18. There is no 18/19 here. Guy won't be 19 until mid April. Quinn was 20 in his breakout AHL year. Peterka turned 20 during his breakout year. 

1 hour ago, GoPuckYourself said:

awesome for him, he'll be in the lineup next season most likely I'm assuming?

I think he will be in Rochester next season. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

He's still 18. There is no 18/19 here. Guy won't be 19 until mid April. Quinn was 20 in his breakout AHL year. Peterka turned 20 during his breakout year. 

Considering the log jam of F's currently o the team and that his ELC will slide another year if he plays 9 or fewer games in the NHL next year there is a very real chance he'll be stuck in Ra-cha-cha pretty much all year next year.

Still expect there's a significant chance we see Savoie make the team out of TC but only get his 9 games also sliding his ELC contract an extra year.  They did that to Quinn and Peterka last year.

Your thought that Rousek has a better chance of being a Sabre next year than either of those 2 has merit when the ELC slide gets factored in.

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

It’s going to be very interesting to see how KA handles Savoie and Kulich next season.  Savoie is NHL or CHL and Kulich will only be 19 next year.  The Sabres are also packed with forwards either under contract or under team control.  The only important UFA are team leaders KO and Z.  

I can see the points that Kulich and Savoie both take another year before joining the big club.  It's a bit off topic but I would like to know what you guys think about KO and Z next year.  Personally, I would like to see KO keep the captaincy another year but not sure after that.  You guys think Kyle is up for a 1-year contract?  It will Tage's team after that.

I'm totally in the dark on what Girg's future should be.

Edit:  I know this is a bit off topic, but it seems to me that what GMKA does with these 2 drives the future of the young guys.

Edited by Cheektorado

2 minutes ago, Cheektorado said:

I can see the points that Kulich and Savoie both take another year before joining the big club.  It's a bit off topic but I would like to know what you guys think about KO and Z next year.  Personally, I would like to see KO keep the captaincy another year but not sure after that.  You guys think Kyle is up for a 1-year contract?  It will Tage's team after that.

Edit:  I know this is a bit off topic, but it seems to me that what GMKA does with these 2 drives the future of the young guys.

The kids would be a poor substitute for KO and Z.  We need their type of game in the lineup.  Two rooks aren’t providing that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

I 100000000000000% knew someone would take an issue with how I listed his age.  I’m an old lazy stoner.  I’m not going to take the time to bother looking up someone’s age which is almost inconsequential.  But thanks for the clarification. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Cheektorado said:

Much may depend on whether those two even want to come back and at what prices.  Add that KA could add someone like Greenway at the deadline or in the summer to take one of their jobs.  

For example:  If the Sabres Greenway and re-sign Jost the 2023-24 Sabres forwards would look something like this

L1 - Skinner TnT Tuch

L2 - Mitts Cozens Quinn

L3 JJP Krebs VO

L4 ???? Jost Greenway

On topic, where would Kulich fit next year in this scenario?

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, inkman said:

I 100000000000000% knew someone would take an issue with how I listed his age.  I’m an old lazy stoner.  I’m not going to take the time to bother looking up someone’s age which is almost inconsequential.  But thanks for the clarification. 

Way To Go Good Job GIF by Justin

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, inkman said:

It's consequential because he's not where Quinn or JJP were when they got promoted. So staying in Rochester longer isn't bad at all. 

15 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

It's consequential because he's not where Quinn or JJP were when they got promoted. So staying in Rochester longer isn't bad at all. 

This is true but it’s imperative the team is open and honest with him about their plans. He’s a cocky kid who thinks he should be in the NHL right now so they have to nurture that.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Much may depend on whether those two even want to come back and at what prices.  Add that KA could add someone like Greenway at the deadline or in the summer to take one of their jobs.  

For example:  If the Sabres Greenway and re-sign Jost the 2023-24 Sabres forwards would look something like this

L1 - Skinner TnT Tuch

L2 - Mitts Cozens Quinn

L3 JJP Krebs VO

L4 ???? Jost Greenway

On topic, where would Kulich fit next year in this scenario?

I value the leadership of Kyle and Zemgus.  If we lose one, having the other might be good.  

I know that Greenway is really big and would be a deterrent to opposing wise guys.   Can he skate, play PK, and help shut down an opposing line?  

1 hour ago, tom webster said:

This is true but it’s imperative the team is open and honest with him about their plans. He’s a cocky kid who thinks he should be in the NHL right now so they have to nurture that.

I like that.  

16 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I value the leadership of Kyle and Zemgus.  If we lose one, having the other might be good.  

I know that Greenway is really big and would be a deterrent to opposing wise guys.   Can he skate, play PK, and help shut down an opposing line?  

I like that.  

Kyle has provided leadership but he is kind of slow and past his best before date. Pretty easy to upgrade that bottom line and I think we should. Time to let the younger guys assume the leadership (Cozens, Dahlin, etc). I think Kyle should retire and take that NHLPA job if that rumor is true. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.