Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

16 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Nope.  In the postgame it was this:

I mean after an hour or two. They’re still hot headed morons during those postgame press conferences. I know you’re pretty much never going to blame your own guy, but by now they have to realize how bad they (Mahomes and Reid) look with these rants. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Let the record reflect that they showed up and played very hard for McD and, despite more injuries on D, grinded out a win they had to have against a very good team in a very difficult place to win.

The grass always seems greener but it usually isn’t.

McD is tough and honorable, albeit flawed, and so is his team.  It’s not a coincidence.

• Like (+1) 4

I get Mahomes' frustration at the end of the game.  A very rare penalty likely cost them the game.  But hadn't he or Andy seen a replay before they got to podium?  Didn't he think, "damn, I didn't realize that he was that offsides!"

kt.jpg

The neutral zone is 11" or so, and his foot and helmet were in line with the Bills' end of the ball.  He's further down field than his center!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, carpandean said:

I get Mahomes' frustration at the end of the game.  A very rare penalty likely cost them the game.  But hadn't he or Andy seen a replay before they got to podium?  Didn't he think, "damn, I didn't realize that he was that offsides!"

kt.jpg

The neutral zone is 11" or so, and his foot and helmet were in line with the Bills' end of the ball.  He's further down field than his center!

It was the proper call.  There should be no controversy and no belly aching from Mahomes, Reid or anyone else.

Dude was close to half a yard offside.  The call had to be made.

The call is extremely rare since no one ever lines up that far offside on offense.  In that still from the video dude is looking at the ball and can clearly see everyone else.

People are forgetting that after the penalty KC had 3 more plays to get the ball at least into FG range .. they didn't.  The D held.

The Bills played very well against a very good team.  On the road.  A must win game and they did.

• Like (+1) 3

The shear irony in this game is incredible.  On the Chiefs side, their complaining about a 5 yard penalty, that was clearly a penalty to define the loss is comical when less than 10 months ago, the won the Superbowl on a questionable penalty that in fact confirmed the win. As noted above, they had three other chances to get into FG range. 
  On the Buffalo side, we were waiting for a 2 minute drive defensive meltdown, which has been the only reason this team was not 9-3 coming into this game. And we saw it.  The blitz decision (and execution thereof) yielded one of the all time greatest plays to go ahead late in the game.  Except in the record books it never happens, but for what I can only describe as a Billsian blunder.  This type of error could only happen to our team right?  But yet it not only happened to another team, it happened to them, against us, helping preserve a victory.  Seriously ironic *****. Maybe a cosmic thing happened on Sunday where we all transported to the Bizzaro world. 

Happy the Bills got a W, but would have liked to see it done in a cleaner and less controversial way.  

2 hours ago, carpandean said:

kt.jpg

And there’s a red lined up right on that line of scrimmage on both sides of the field. They can’t possibly miss a call like that (unless they get a text from their gambling overlords😁). 

33 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

The shear irony in this game is incredible.  On the Chiefs side, their complaining about a 5 yard penalty, that was clearly a penalty to define the loss is comical when less than 10 months ago, the won the Superbowl on a questionable penalty that in fact confirmed the win. As noted above, they had three other chances to get into FG range. 
  On the Buffalo side, we were waiting for a 2 minute drive defensive meltdown, which has been the only reason this team was not 9-3 coming into this game. And we saw it.  The blitz decision (and execution thereof) yielded one of the all time greatest plays to go ahead late in the game.  Except in the record books it never happens, but for what I can only describe as a Billsian blunder.  This type of error could only happen to our team right?  But yet it not only happened to another team, it happened to them, against us, helping preserve a victory.  Seriously ironic *****. Maybe a cosmic thing happened on Sunday where we all transported to the Bizzaro world. 

Happy the Bills got a W, but would have liked to see it done in a cleaner and less controversial way.  

Add that Frank Wycheck died on Sunday.  He was the guy who threw the famous (infamous to Buffalo) Home Run Throwback lateral on the kickoff of the Bills v Titans game.  Many reviews and replays have been analyzed of this play, which looks like a forward lateral and illegal.  

12 hours ago, Pimlach said:

McD gets a W.  He was under intense pressure this week, he talked about getting great support from the community in the post game interview.   Seems genuine to me. 

McD's reaction when that 4th down pass fell incomplete was reminiscent of OJ's reaction when Judge Ito announced 'Not Guilty'. Seriously. He knew what was coming if the Bills blew that lead in KC.

22 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Add that Frank Wycheck died on Sunday.  He was the guy who threw the famous (infamous to Buffalo) Home Run Throwback Throwforward lateral on the kickoff of the Bills v Titans game.  Many reviews and replays have been analyzed of this play, which looks like a forward lateral and illegal.  

Ftfy.  😉

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, carpandean said:

kt.jpg

The line judge could not see the ball because Toney was blocking his line of sight. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Broken Ankles said:

I think from above Frank Wycheck was determined not to lose claim to the 'greatest lateral by a TE in the history of football'.

Just now, JustOneParade said:

I think from above Frank Wycheck was determined not to lose claim to the 'greatest lateral by a TE in the history of football'.

Sorry @Punch. Just got to your subsequent post. 🤐

1 hour ago, Broken Ankles said:

Dare I say, the Chiefs lost in one of the Billiest ways I think we'll see this year.

54 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Add that Frank Wycheck died on Sunday.  He was the guy who threw the famous (infamous to Buffalo) Home Run Throwback lateral on the kickoff of the Bills v Titans game.  Many reviews and replays have been analyzed of this play, which looks like a forward lateral and illegal.  

I think your Bills-colored glasses are on (and I realize I'm in the minority here). There's at least one replay that pretty clearly shows the ball going backwards. Certainly not enough to overturn the call on the field. The refs/review got it right, as much as I wanted it to be the other way.

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, shrader said:

And there’s a red lined up right on that line of scrimmage on both sides of the field. They can’t possibly miss a call like that (unless they get a text from their gambling overlords😁). 

Yeah, the tip of the ball is literally on the right hash mark, and Toney's foot is lined up two feet to the left of - but definitely not behind - the left hash mark.  How he didn't realize that he was that far forward, I can't imagine.

Edited by carpandean

I always ask what yard line was the ball above when it left Wycheck's hand and what yard line was the ball above when the receiver caught it. That's really all that matters.

The rest is some combination of optical illusion, ignorance of the rule and blue and red tinted glasses.

• Agree 2

44 minutes ago, MattPie said:

Dare I say, the Chiefs lost in one of the Billiest ways I think we'll see this year.

I think your Bills-colored glasses are on (and I realize I'm in the minority here). There's at least one replay that pretty clearly shows the ball going backwards. Certainly not enough to overturn the call on the field. The refs/review got it right, as much as I wanted it to be the other way.

The ball was caught forward from where the pass was initiated.  I know that is not the final determination,  but it is all a human person can reliably tell in real time.  The call on the field that was made in real time was wrong.  All the fancy camera angles and concocted theories on the angle of  arm, the trajectory, the release point , etc could not have been seen by any officials in real time.  Even during the review, none of those guys could figure it out or dared to overturn it, so the call on the field stands.  

The play counted because the refs on the field let it go, because they didn’t know.  Afterwards there was much analysis, much of it indicates it’s a forward pass.  

I don’t have Bills colored glasses.   The Bills deserved to lose. They didn’t cover a simple kick.  

Edited by Pimlach