Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

Ya just can’t have two turnovers and expect to win.  

The Bills offense has averaged 20 pts a week for five weeks now.  That isn’t good enough with a patchwork defense battling through key injuries.  

Anyone can rightfully flame the soft cover/zone scheme the Bills D runs, but the offense needs to pick up the slack where so many key pieces are missing. I guess that’s too much to ask right now. 

• Agree 1

Recall a song lyric… (can’t recall the band)… that perfectly describes the Biils…

“They are like the girl who makes you weep and write bad checks…”

We keep coming back for more… Just can’t say goodbye

On that note, I’ll say goodnight all.

I am saddened to say this but I think McD has lost them.   The team is not right and seems to be less prepared than their opponent just about every week.  Leadership and accountability is not there.  So many mental errors and poor execution by players. Questionable game day decisions every week. 

52 minutes ago, sodbuster said:

I just dont understand the challenge. Even if it got overturned, that's a total waste. 

It was 8 yards.

2nd and 2 vs.  2nd and 10.   Certainly not worth the risk of losing your last TO. 

Edited by Pimlach

7 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I am saddened to say this but I think McD has lost them.   The team is not right and seems to be less prepared than their opponent just about every week.  Leadership and accountability is not there.  So many mental errors and poor execution by players. Questionable game day decisions every week. 

Yep.  Just like when Lindy Ruff lost the Sabres.  It's time to move on.  Josh hasn't been right all year, but he's still Josh.... must be the system.

Team is done... playing hard but too many injuries on D... need another speed receiver, good route runner with hands to take pressure off Diggs... but waited to late to upgrade D... as others have said need a clone of Milano... and a shut down corner... oh well 

When there is a talent issue, the blame game no longer works.

This looks like a .500 team by the end of the season with this upcoming schedule and current level of play. 

Love Josh but no QB turns the ball over more. Bills granted his wish to hire Dorsey as the OC and it's not working. He needs to be coached harder.  Execution looks slow. No running game when needed. Easy for the opposing D to stop the last 5 weeks. Predictable playcalling with no imagination. 

Understand the injuries but the schemes lacked on both sides of the ball, even at full strength. McDermott is getting outcoached. Has no answers if it's in week 5 of the slide. Lip service. 

• Like (+1) 2

At the beginning of the year I said this was a 9-8 team and saw this coming. I got flamed of course. It was there for all to see if we took our fan glasses off. We now have been eclipsed by several AFC teams (even the texans are about to surpass us) and it’s only going to get worse with our salary cap issues. McDermott has reached his ceiling and Beane is not the draft guru we thought his first few seasons. 

the solution is bold: clear the slate and find an offensive coach.  It’s an offensive league now it should be obvious. The right guy could turn this around in one season and have us back in the top 5. A mini rebuild with youth and speed is in order. If not, we will languish as a .500 team from here out. 

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

At the beginning of the year I said this was a 9-8 team and saw this coming. I got flamed of course. It was there for all to see if we took our fan glasses off. We now have been eclipsed by several AFC teams (even the texans are about to surpass us) and it’s only going to get worse with our salary cap issues. McDermott has reached his ceiling and Beane is not the draft guru we thought his first few seasons. 

the solution is bold: clear the slate and find an offensive coach.  It’s an offensive league now it should be obvious. The right guy could turn this around in one season and have us back in the top 5. A mini rebuild with youth and speed is in order. If not, we will languish as a .500 team from here out. 

You saw Milano, White, and Jones all going out with season ending injuries?  Because minus those, this team is well above an 0.500 team.  And still expect this team to finish with 10 or 11 W's even with those injuries.  So, it might still be a little premature to pat yourself on the back.

Or do you know of some additional injuries that should cost them another game or 2?

• Eyeroll 1

17 minutes ago, Taro T said:

You saw Milano, White, and Jones all going out with season ending injuries?  Because minus those, this team is well above an 0.500 team.  And still expect this team to finish with 10 or 11 W's even with those injuries.  So, it might still be a little premature to pat yourself on the back.

Or do you know of some additional injuries that should cost them another game or 2?

You see two more losses at most as the most likely outcome?

29 minutes ago, Taro T said:

No we are not. I disagree. The offense still only scored two Tds yesterday and hasn’t been good in 5 weeks. In the bigger picture, what I saw was an aging roster, mediocre o line, no speed or weapons, no identity, and no innovative coaching. It’s stale. And several teams in the rest of the conference are getting better. Most of us, deep down, are not really that shocked. 

The D played pretty well last night after the 1st quarter IMHO.  They lost that game for the same reason they've looked crappy since beating Miami:  there is something fundamentally wrong on offense.

To beat the best teams in the AFC, you need to score 34-ish points.  The Bills look miles away from a team that can produce that kind of offense. 

I don't the fault is entirely with Dorsey -- they have major issues on the OL and at WR, and JA has been up-and-down this year too -- but the offense isn't working, and he's accountable.

1 hour ago, Weave said:

You see two more losses at most as the most likely outcome?

No, 3 losses.  10-7 IF they can stay healthy is the most likely outcome.  But 11-6, again, with getting some reasonable health isn't out of the question. 

But they might've lost Benford and Hyde yesterday with Bernard getting a concussion which could keep him out of a game too.  Apparently Jackson was dinged as well.  If they've lost those guys for any appreciable time, that 9-8 is looking accurate or maybe a game too optimistic.