Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

7 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

In fairness, I would imagine that Dorsey is calling a short menu of options in advance of Allen being at the line.

Agreed on Kincaid. I guess the error comes from their having earlier committed to Knox and thereafter created a need to use 12 personnel more than Allen would (apparently) like.

Hard to say what Allen likes.  All the 12 really does is replace the slot receiver with Kincaid, who could be the slot receiver or a TE or a blocker.  

Maybe if WR#2 had more breakaway speed and sure hands the 12 would be better?   Team speed on our offense is only average at best.  There are no burners. 

• Vomit 1

9 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Benford and Benard are future stars.  Solid D game plan.  

Dorsey still stinks.  How do continue to fail in the red zone and don’t have a play to get 2 yards with the game on the line.  

Bernard is a future star.   Benford looks pretty solid, great pick at 6, but to be a star CB you need to be a shut down corner and he is not that.  

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Hard to say what Allen likes.  All the 12 really does is replace the slot receiver with Kincaid, who could be the slot receiver or a TE or a blocker.  

Maybe if WR#2 had more breakaway speed and sure hands the 12 would be better?   Team speed on our offense is only average at best.  There are no burners. 

Good takes. That's what I had hoped for Kincaid anyway - not a TE, per se - more of an evolution of the Beasley role.

But there does seem to be a difference in how people distribute into space in 11 versus 12 -- and it does seem that Allen prefers the former. Idk.

Your point on speed on offense is very well-taken. I guess that's why they got Harty? But then don't use him in any meaningful way.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I went last night, I left with 12 min to go in the 4th. Bills up 14 with the ball. I was thinking, they got this in the bag. 

Little did I know. 

Any who, I enjoy tailgating and the atmosphere is nice, but each year I go to a game, the more inclined I am to want to stay home. Maybe tailgate and then pop in somwhere with a TV. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

A wgr caller, called McDermott McNugget and I can't get it out of my head. 

I listened to several callers on the drive home last night as I waited to hear McDermott (ha) speak.  I'll say: Those callers were a special species of stupid. I mean stooopid.

8 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I went last night, I left with 12 min to go in the 4th. Bills up 14 with the ball. I was thinking, they got this in the bag. 

Little did I know. 

Any who, I enjoy tailgating and the atmosphere is nice, but each year I go to a game, the more inclined I am to want to stay home. Maybe tailgate and then pop in somwhere with a TV. 

This is the first year in many decades that I am not going to a Bills game at home. 

Getting there early, tailgating, the atmosphere in the stadium lots, the game, then tail gate after - that was all great!

But as you get older the total time it takes gets to be hard.   Then there is the weather/elements, parking issues, the rowdiness, the time to get out of there - it gets old. 

I have been going every year since the Rockpile days, but not this year.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Pimlach said:

But as you get older the total time it takes gets to be hard.   Then there is the weather/elements, parking issues, the rowdiness, the time to get out of there - it gets old. 

I have been going every year since the Rockpile days, but not this year.  

Heard.

First game was 1965. Born into a season ticket family. I retired from work in 2017 and turned in my Club seats which I had since 1998. Sat 18 rows up from the 40 in the lower bowl with other family members prior to 1998. Had a great time socially but A LOT of lean Bills years as you older sots know and experienced

A 55 inch screen with a great couch and loyal dog next to me is far more attractive to me these days on gameday. Plus having Redzone during non-Bills action. I'll never go back. Had my fill. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Burrow has found his legs. We are in trouble next week if we don’t bring our A game. 

He completed 19 in a row at one point. 28-32 equals locked in. 

Football is still unpredictable. San Fran beat down Dallas a month ago and was declared unbeatable. They haven't won a game since. KC self destructs ala Bills against a horrid Denver squad.  How do people actually bet on this sport ? 

I do believe the upcoming schedule for Buffalo is quite daunting. Yet yeterday remined me each week is unique to itself and the last game means only so much.

Bills have to learn how to finish games again. Obvious. 

What we KNOW about the next game = Nothing 

Saw that some people are questioning Bellichick. It's all lining up; Bills and Pats fire coaches at the end of disappointing years, and the Bills hire Bellichick. At least he's proven he can win with a QB.

(kinda kidding, kinda not)

• Vomit 1

14 minutes ago, MattPie said:

Saw that some people are questioning Bellichick. It's all lining up; Bills and Pats fire coaches at the end of disappointing years, and the Bills hire Bellichick. At least he's proven he can win with a QB.

You'd be nuts to not do it.

28 minutes ago, MattPie said:

13 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

You'd be nuts to not do it.

But would the NFL let the Bills cheat the way they let the Prats?

1 hour ago, MattPie said:

Bill isn’t going anywhere

https://www.nfl.com/news/bill-belichick-signed-lucrative-multiyear-extension-patriots-offseason

2 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Secretly signing that deal at a time when you can already see the writing on the wall? Yeah, they’ll be able to get out of that one and send him off into the sunset with a nice parting bonus. 

• Eyeroll 1

Bills signed Fournette to the PS to take Harris' place while he's on IR.

Good low risk, high reward signing.  Guess that means the rumors the Bills were looking to add Derrick Henry are done.

Bills still have 1 open roster spot on the 53 man roster, so they might be bringing in 1 more guy.  (Rumors are they're interested in CB  Johnson from the Bears.)

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

All I know is that Beane better not sit on his hands at the deadline.   Time to go for it.   The Bills need Interior defensive line help and probably another CB 

get it done!

Nothing happens at the trade deadline. 

Most likely for your bills Leonard Fournette is just it