GDT: There could have been a hockey game tonight but then Taro had to get cranky and screw with the weather.

Eleven

95% of Canada will have white Christmas.

The very edge of the Atlantic coast (that's us) and the very edge of the Pacific coast of Vancouver Island will not.

We have a heavy rainfall warning.  A high wind warning.  A storm surge warning (a new moon cycle and the extremely high tides associated with it).  We are expecting wide spread power outages.

We have out mini stove and butane ready.  Have to be sure to have the Turkish coffee.  We have bottled water just for flushing ... gravity was a wonderful invention and our septic system is 100% gravity fed so if we have water we can flush.  We have drinkable water and enough food supplies.  We have fire wood at the ready for the wood stove (have not used it yet this winter).  Flashlights ... we are ready, but hoping for the best as always.

Stay safe out there everybody and stay the blazes home.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

It's actually 19 degrees in Atlanta.  (8 Celsius)  No snow sadly.

We got down to 11 overnight in Fort worth.  I'm glad we didn't get any snow.  There was a hard frost though and while streets are okay, our rear deck is a bit slippery.  I expect that even without temps going above freezing the sun will take care of that.

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

We got down to 11 overnight in Fort worth.  I'm glad we didn't get any snow.  There was a hard frost though and while streets are okay, our rear deck is a bit slippery.  I expect that even without temps going above freezing the sun will take care of that.

I live 30 miles east of texarkana. We got down to 5 degrees with no snow as well.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Well yeah.  Except BC, right?  More brown people there?

This is a made up word.

We got a big dump of snow last few days and the unusual part for us is we have anywhere from 10 to 15 below temps for the last week or so. Being at sea level we normally hover at 0 or thereabouts. Vancouver Island.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.