Jeremy Davies Returned to Rochester

Brawndo

1 hour ago, Porous Five Hole said:

He hasn’t played a game yet this year. He was signed for ROC and would be the first call up.  

I mean as a roster spot

The Sabres now have 13 Forwards

Asplund being #13

Defense we have

Dahlin, Power, Fitzgerald, Bryson, Clague, Pilut

Injured: Lybushkin, Jokiharju (IR) and Samuelsson  (IR)

So we have 13 F, 7 D and 2 G which leaves 1 roster spot open.

8 minutes ago, kas23 said:

We need an NHL defenseman. No tweener. 

Yeah but what team is giving that up 8 games into that season? Also what are we willing to trade here? I’m not going higher than Bjork and like a third round pick here if I’m Adams.

I suspect more than anything they just realize that Sheahan needs playing time at this point and Rochester makes sense.  I do think he's a decent 4th line center so it would not surprise me to see him back up and get some playing time this season (assuming he clears).

• Brawndo changed the title to Riley Sheahan Clears Waivers; Jeremy Davies Called Up
8 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

This is not the roster move you are looking for. Jeremy Davies is another undersized puck-moving defensemen, not a PKer or Muel- or Boushh-sized crease-protecting stalwart like this blue line currently needs. You can go about your business. Move along. Move along.

There is exactly 1 other healthy D-man remaining in Ra-cha-cha that is signed to an NHL deal.  Laaksonnen is NOT seeing an NHL roster barring at minimum 1 more injury.  Even then, they might give an NHL deal to Prow or sign somebody off the street.

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

There is exactly 1 other healthy D-man remaining in Ra-cha-cha that is signed to an NHL deal.  Laaksonnen is NOT seeing an NHL roster barring at minimum 1 more injury.  Even then, they might give an NHL deal to Prow or sign somebody off the street.

Definitely not Laaksonen. At this point, it almost has to be a waiver claim (like Wolanin last year) where it's a temporary Buffalo venture. When the starters get back, you re-waive and the other team takes him right back and sends him to their AHL squad as initially planned.

The alternative is a trade. But it's early in the season and no one wants to give up hope yet (even Vancouver has won a couple now), so no one's throwing away a veteran defensive D for a 3 or 4 yet. OR -- you've got to give up a real asset to go get someone with some future term and/or potential. Adams hasn't done that yet with anyone who "wants to be here".

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Taro T said:

I'm not sure if it was your goal, but I got a really good laugh out of the two bolded portions.  It sounds like he's that last pair of underwear with the giant hole in it that you keep in the bottom of the drawer just in case you're way too lazy to do laundry.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.