Jump to content

Sabres Sign UFA Goalie Eric Comrie 2 Years 1.8 Million AAV


Brawndo
 Share

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, biodork said:

Aww, I'm a bad fan... I've completely fallen out of the hockey loop at this point. I'm ashamed to admit I didn't even watch the Avs cup run. 🫣

Nope.

The Sabres drove you and many other away with 10+ years of crap.

You always have a home here.

It's too bad that your new (well not so new) home State and the Rockies / Nordiques run to the cup did not even bring you back into the good ol' hockey game.  It's the best game you can name, eh.

I'm glad that a shout out pulled you back in.  Try to get back into it and stick around here.  You are always welcome here.

The Sabres are finally showing signs of life.

How are you doing?  Hope all is well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, miles said:

i didnt watch even a period of hockey this year. i have all but given up 

That's unfortunate.. I guess?  I love hockey too much to not watch any hockey, of any kind, at some point.  I definitely did not watch as many Sabres games as I have in the past, but I attended more Sabres games in the last season than I ever had in any other season, including seeing them in Nashville.  And wow.. does Nashville's entire experience only amplify how bad the Sabres arena and in-game experience are... woof.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, miles said:

i didnt watch even a period of hockey this year. i have all but given up 

Go on YouTube and watch the highlights of the last two months worth of games. You won't need Viagra. Also watch the last three Toronto matchups.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/15/2022 at 5:27 AM, Brawndo said:

@LTSand @biodorkmake Their Triumphant Returns to Sabrespace in the same week! Things really are changing in Sabreland! 

 

On 7/15/2022 at 5:45 AM, Taro T said:

Welcome back!

Since you haven't followed much, the Sabres should be a treat this year.  They will at least be mediocre with an outside chance of competitively good.  (Eat it Avs. 😉 )

 

 

On 7/15/2022 at 5:58 AM, SDS said:

😱😱😱

 

On 7/15/2022 at 6:05 AM, Weave said:

Wait…. What?  How did I overlook biodork?

 

 

 

On 7/15/2022 at 7:25 AM, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Its Been A Long Time Reaction GIF

 

We missed you! 

 

On 7/15/2022 at 10:39 AM, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Nope.

The Sabres drove you and many other away with 10+ years of crap.

You always have a home here.

It's too bad that your new (well not so new) home State and the Rockies / Nordiques run to the cup did not even bring you back into the good ol' hockey game.  It's the best game you can name, eh.

I'm glad that a shout out pulled you back in.  Try to get back into it and stick around here.  You are always welcome here.

The Sabres are finally showing signs of life.

How are you doing?  Hope all is well.

Aww, I ❤️ you guys and I think it's awesome anyone still remembers me after all this time. It's very cool to see so many familiar "faces" (and the mobile site looks great, SDS). I just felt like I didn't have anything to contribute since I was primarily posting in the off-topic threads. It was already more difficult to follow the games with the time difference, but the team wasn't exactly fun to watch, either. Maybe I'll give them another try this fall.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, biodork said:

 

 

 

 

 

Aww, I ❤️ you guys and I think it's awesome anyone still remembers me after all this time. It's very cool to see so many familiar "faces" (and the mobile site looks great, SDS). I just felt like I didn't have anything to contribute since I was primarily posting in the off-topic threads. It was already more difficult to follow the games with the time difference, but the team wasn't exactly fun to watch, either. Maybe I'll give them another try this fall.

I haven’t offered anything substantive in 15 years. Off-topic participation is more than fine. 

I’m going to call Adams and talk to him about game times. I’ll get back to you.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

On 7/15/2022 at 12:45 AM, biodork said:

Aww, I'm a bad fan... I've completely fallen out of the hockey loop at this point. I'm ashamed to admit I didn't even watch the Avs cup run. 🫣

On 7/15/2022 at 9:51 AM, miles said:

i didnt watch even a period of hockey this year. i have all but given up 

Same. I think Kane was playing for the Sabres the last time I watched a period of hockey, Sabres or otherwise.

 

17 hours ago, biodork said:

Aww, I ❤️ you guys and I think it's awesome anyone still remembers me after all this time. It's very cool to see so many familiar "faces" (and the mobile site looks great, SDS). I just felt like I didn't have anything to contribute since I was primarily posting in the off-topic threads. It was already more difficult to follow the games with the time difference, but the team wasn't exactly fun to watch, either. Maybe I'll give them another try this fall.

Hang on, having something to contribute here is a prerequisite?

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, SDS said:

I haven’t offered anything substantive in 15 years. Off-topic participation is more than fine. 

I think you underestimated that number there😁

 

But yes, OT is the way to go. Less repetitive petty arguments there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, shrader said:

I think you underestimated that number there😁

 

But yes, OT is the way to go. Less repetitive petty arguments there. 

I’m fairly certain I said something worthwhile back in 2007. I just know it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/15/2022 at 12:45 AM, biodork said:

Aww, I'm a bad fan... I've completely fallen out of the hockey loop at this point. I'm ashamed to admit I didn't even watch the Avs cup run. 🫣

Welcome back!

On 7/15/2022 at 2:47 AM, Freeezo said:

It was pretty interesting just reading a jets fan perspective. Almost universally they were pissed last off season that he would be there backup. The perception was that he was underwhelming in the minors. Thru the year they wished he was played more as he was hot and of course are disappointed that he walked for nothing

Welcome back!

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, biodork said:

 

 

 

 

 

Aww, I ❤️ you guys and I think it's awesome anyone still remembers me after all this time. It's very cool to see so many familiar "faces" (and the mobile site looks great, SDS). I just felt like I didn't have anything to contribute since I was primarily posting in the off-topic threads. It was already more difficult to follow the games with the time difference, but the team wasn't exactly fun to watch, either. Maybe I'll give them another try this fall.

Hey biodork! 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Just listened to the Comrie Zoom call. 

  • He's a nerd
  • He's thrilled to be in the situation he's coming into the Sabres org
  • He's very earnest
  • He seems just eccentric enough to be a good goalie

I don’t see an ego that will disrupt the team. If he gets a few seasons of quality starts then gets beat out by UPL/Levi/Portillo, I think he could return to the backup role.

He says he loves to practice, workout and to be around the guys.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In my eyes I see UPL and Comrie as equal prospects with Comrie having a slight edge on experience in the NHL. Its quite possible Comrie over takes UPL for the role. If Comrie can play consistently well, and stay healthy you have to think he leap frogs UPL.

UPL has to show consistency and stay healthy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

In my eyes I see UPL and Comrie as equal prospects with Comrie having a slight edge on experience in the NHL. Its quite possible Comrie over takes UPL for the role. If Comrie can play consistently well, and stay healthy you have to think he leap frogs UPL.

UPL has to show consistency and stay healthy.

I think as it sits right now, the plan is for Anderson and Comrie to split starts.  UPL isn’t guaranteed ANY NHL time.  He isn’t being mentioned as part of the plan for this season when the GM talks.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

In my eyes I see UPL and Comrie as equal prospects with Comrie having a slight edge on experience in the NHL.

Comrie is filling the role Kevyn had Ullmark penciled in for.  He's 4 years older than UPL, one year younger than Ullmark.  This is what Kevyn wanted all along:  A young, emerging goalie that can play a majority of games.  I think the plan is to rotate goalies as the prospects develop and ride the hot hand from year to year. 

If Comrie gets hot and UPL or Portillo or Levi is NHL ready, he can choose to pay Comrie as the long term guy and move one of the other goalies, or trade Comrie and ride the next one in line.  Either way I think Kevyn's long term plan is to have enough goalie assets to have confidence that one will be peaking at any given point in time and "extra" goalies that are good but can't overtake the best goalie in the system can be moved for assets (just as FLA moved Levi for Reino, but possibly after he has a better look at the goalies before deciding which one to move).

The deep prospect pool in general is probably being built and developed with that in mind:  Get the best players for your team (skim the cream off the top), know they're not all going to fit and move the leftovers for assets to plug holes.  This is what Murray should have been doing once he had Eichel instead of trying to accelerate the build by acquiring good, but low character, players.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Comrie is filling the role Kevyn had Ullmark penciled in for.  He's 4 years older than UPL, one year younger than Ullmark.  This is what Kevyn wanted all along:  A young, emerging goalie that can play a majority of games. 


That's actually a better way of looking at the situation, more of an Ullmark replacement... 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...