NHL Trade Rumors and Speculation 2022-23

Brawndo

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Micah McCurdy’s Model backs Him as well. 

Andrew Copp and Mason Marchment are better but He is close to Heinen.

Ultimately I do not see the Sabres going in this direction anyways 

From Friedman 

The Flyers have also been considering another move, although they could go in several directions. GM Chuck Fletcher wouldn’t say much about his plans for James van Riemsdyk, but anyone who scores 24 goals has real value. Philadelphia may have to attach a sweetener to do it, but $1M of his $5M cash salary will already be paid via a bonus. Arizona, Buffalo and Seattle have been linked to the winger. 

Sorry chuck but we aren’t taking Risto back. We already said no take backsies.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I can't tell if Ottawa, Philly, Edmonton, or Chicago is the worse run franchise but I hope it is Chicago.

With Philly I feel Fletcher knows they stink and a rebuild is needed but ownership is driving the bus that they need to compete right now or he is fired. They are banking on Gaudreau, deAngelo and Torts to lead them to the promise land. 

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Anyone who regularly watches the Sabres recognizes that he is one of our best defensive players. You don't have to be an analytical maven to not notice how hard and responsibly he plays. Right now, he is not much of a finisher but he has enough offensive instincts to put himself in a position to get opportunities. So, I do see him contributing more offensively even as a lower line player. And it should be noted that he is excellent on the PK. He is not going to be provide many scoring highlights but without a doubt his teammates and coaches appreciate him his contributions. 

I have to disagree with First Sentence. I have seen way too many trade proposals on this board and on Twitter where Asplund is moved for much worse players. Including one for Keegan Kolesar (because He is Bigger). Craig Rivet and Andrew Peters are not high on Him because he avoids contact at times.

As You mentioned We certainly are in agreement about the value He brings 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

Welp he was pretty damn special in Nashville that's sad .

Would you be intrigued if it was a 2023 unprotected 1st +JVR 

If it's an unprotected 1st I could be tempted. Read an article that basically his entire core has to be rehabbed and he's just starting to ramp up the training. Likely on IR to start the season. If it causes his retirement he just becomes one of those trades to teams for the cap floor.  That first could be very valuable but I'd think they want to see how Ellis injury progesses. As for taking JVR the guy can put up some points but he plays no defense so he's essentially a lesser talented Skinner. 

18 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Maybe add in Carter Hart and it could be interesting...

JVR+ Florida’s ‘24 1st for future considerations

Flip the 1st back to Florida for Weegar

The fact Fletcher doesn’t want to pay the price means Adams is asking for a big add, Good. Make it hurt😀

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

JVR+ Florida’s ‘24 1st for future considerations

Flip the 1st back to Florida for Weegar

The fact Fletcher doesn’t want to pay the price means Adams is asking for a big add, Good. Make it hurt😀

If Flyers are serious about Gaudreau they need to shed JVR.  If you have Gaudreau for the next 7 years are you worried about a mid to late 1st rd pick?

I would definitely take JVR and Florida 1st and give Philly back their 2nd.

12 minutes ago, sweetlou said:

If Flyers are serious about Gaudreau they need to shed JVR.  If you have Gaudreau for the next 7 years are you worried about a mid to late 1st rd pick?

Have to be flyers first or no deal in my book 

10 minutes ago, sweetlou said:

If I’m giving Philly back their 2nd, I’d want philly’s first. I would happily accept JVR+Florida first though. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.