NHL Trade Rumors and Speculation 2022-23

Brawndo

29 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

So it’s Dreger, but he actually sounds like he’s hearing some buzz that Buffalo is kicking tires on some bigger pieces.

That Montreal radio, so not his typical Buffalo radio hit.

Kevyn has us conditioned to think he’s done, but maybe not?

There’s a lot to like about Chychrun. It really feels like we’re not nearly as concerned about handedness as some.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, dudacek said:

So it’s Dreger, but he actually sounds like he’s hearing some buzz that Buffalo is kicking tires on some bigger pieces.

That Montreal radio, so not his typical Buffalo radio hit.

Kevyn has us conditioned to think he’s done, but maybe not?

There’s a lot to like about Chychrun. It really feels like we’re not nearly as concerned about handedness as some.

When things go quiet with Adams that’s when We need to go on alert

3 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Kadri's still out there.............southern ontario boy...........

That would rock the hockey world. 

Would be a shocker for sure...but he'll be 32 when the season starts and looking for more term than GMKA's signing history would suggest.  Definitely adds an element we don't have though.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Carmel Corn said:

Would be a shocker for sure...but he'll be 32 when the season starts and looking for more term than GMKA's signing history would suggest.  Definitely adds an element we don't have though.

I was joking about Kadri and Klingberg late last night but oddly TSN That's Hockey put Buffalo on the short list of possible destinations for both of them so maybe it's not an impossible dream.

We did that everybody (including myself) would stop talking about Ottawa. 

38 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I was joking about Kadri and Klingberg late last night but oddly TSN That's Hockey put Buffalo on the short list of possible destinations for both of them so maybe it's not an impossible dream.

We did that everybody (including myself) would stop talking about Ottawa. 

They have the money to do big dollars on medium term if they wanted to.  I'll believe it when I see it but I think both of them are exactly what the team needs to turn the corner.  I'm not giving massive term to either though.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Not only is it a personal wish, but I also truly believe KA wants no part of Kadri on the Sabres in its current form.

It may not be what you want and it may not be what he wants, but it'd be perfect to turn this team into an actual contender. Imagine him going up against Toronto star power with maybe a little grudge or matching Tkachuk in Ottawa and Marchand in Boston. 

Imagine a starting team that looked like this: 

Skinner-Thompson-Tuch

Olofsson-Kadri-Cozens

Krebs-Mittlestadt-Quinn

Asplund-Girgensens-Okposo

Dahlin-Klingberg

Power-Jokiharju

Samuelsson-Lybushkin

Just sayin'. 

14 hours ago, Brawndo said:

When things go quiet with Adams that’s when We need to go on alert

We've seen instances where KA appears to be playing by the the Brandon Beane playbook for developing a team. Is this another? You know, like when BB say 'we're tapped out, done' in FA then goes out and throws a gazillion dollars at Von Miller. 

I've got a funny feeling there are a couple more moves coming in the next few weeks or so .... cap space for both now and later assets.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

It may not be what you want and it may not be what he wants, but it'd be perfect to turn this team into an actual contender. Imagine him going up against Toronto star power with maybe a little grudge or matching Tkachuk in Ottawa and Marchand in Boston. 

Imagine a starting team that looked like this: 

Skinner-Thompson-Tuch

Olofsson-Kadri-Cozens

Krebs-Mittlestadt-Quinn

Asplund-Girgensens-Okposo

Dahlin-Klingberg

Power-Jokiharju

Samuelsson-Lybushkin

Just sayin'. 

Kadri hadn't hit more than 19 goals in 4 seasons and has an absolute career year in his contract year. He's gonna go right back to his normal point totals. 

• Agree 1

Lots of teams need to become cap compliant so I can see us making some moves 

13 minutes ago, JustOneParade said:

We've seen instances where KA appears to be playing by the the Brandon Beane playbook for developing a team. Is this another? You know, like when BB say 'we're tapped out, done' in FA then goes out and throws a gazillion dollars at Von Miller. 

I've got a funny feeling there are a couple more moves coming in the next few weeks or so .... cap space for both now and later assets.

Lots of teams need to become cap compliant so I can see us making some moves 

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

Kadri hadn't hit more than 19 goals in 4 seasons and has an absolute career year in his contract year. He's gonna go right back to his normal point totals. 

Obviously it depends on what the numbers are but for the current team I'd want him to take some of the heat off the kids. He provides secondary scoring and a hard charging style. He would be the focus of the other teams chippiness and take some of the physical burden off the young guys who aren't ready for it. Plus you are talking about a guy who has gone through all sorts of adversity, some of his own making some not, and won a Cup. Not only won a Cup but played a big role doing it.

IMO Klingberg would serve a similar role for the defense. He takes the heat off Dahlin and Power to bring it on the PP every night and he brings experience to the group. Obviously the numbers matter a lot as to whether those roles make sense for the Sabres or not but that how I'd want their roles to be defined.

9 minutes ago, Contempt said:

Obviously it depends on what the numbers are but for the current team I'd want him to take some of the heat off the kids. He provides secondary scoring and a hard charging style. He would be the focus of the other teams chippiness and take some of the physical burden off the young guys who aren't ready for it. Plus you are talking about a guy who has gone through all sorts of adversity, some of his own making some not, and won a Cup. Not only won a Cup but played a big role doing it.

IMO Klingberg would serve a similar role for the defense. He takes the heat off Dahlin and Power to bring it on the PP every night and he brings experience to the group. Obviously the numbers matter a lot as to whether those roles make sense for the Sabres or not but that how I'd want their roles to be defined.

You my issue with this? These guys need the heat on them. I don't want to isolate them, I want them to succeed or fail based on their ability to overcome and adapt. Sick and tired of the Sabres bringing in a "tough gritty guy" to help with other teams teams chippiness. F that, if Jack Quinn can't handle it than he needs to learn how to. If Krebs can't handle it, figure it out. I want them to be physically burdened because that's how they will learn and if they don't I don't need to keep them around.

Also, Rasmus Dahlin is entering his 5th season and already brings it on the PP and at 5v5. No reason to demote him in anyway just to bring in Klingberg.

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

You my issue with this? These guys need the heat on them. I don't want to isolate them, I want them to succeed for fail based on their ability to overcome and adapt. Sick and tired of the Sabres bringing in a "tough gritty guy" to help with other teams teams chippiness. ***** that, if Jack Quinn can't handle it than he needs to learn how to. If Krebs can't handle it, figure it out. I want them to be physically burdened because that's how they will learn.

Also, Rasmus Dahlin is entering his 5th season and already brings it on the PP and at 5v5. No reason to demote him in anyway just to bring in Klingberg.

You have two PP units and if bringing in one guy, who is also pretty good at hockey mind you, to set a tone is a problem I dunno what to tell you.

It's not going to matter, they aren't signing either of them.

Edited by Contempt

1 minute ago, Contempt said:

You have two PP units and if bringing in one guy, who is also pretty good at hockey mind you, to set a tone is a problem I dunno what to tell you.

Dahlin does/should play 1:30 out of every PP.  Because Sabres have Dahlin/Power as cornerstone pieces, I wouldn’t spend significant assets and term to bringing in an offensive dman.  You are getting diminishing returns, because you are paying for a lot of PP skills that aren’t really going to be utilized in Buffalo.

It’s not the type they should be committing major assets to.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

You my issue with this? These guys need the heat on them. I don't want to isolate them, I want them to succeed or fail based on their ability to overcome and adapt. Sick and tired of the Sabres bringing in a "tough gritty guy" to help with other teams teams chippiness. F that, if Jack Quinn can't handle it than he needs to learn how to. If Krebs can't handle it, figure it out. I want them to be physically burdened because that's how they will learn and if they don't I don't need to keep them around.

This is what people don't get about "blocking".

Shielding isn't actually about shielding the player, it's about shielding the team from the mistakes that player makes as he learns.

Adams and Granato don't want players blocking their kids because they are trying to accelerate their learning process. They want them in opportunities where they learn, adapt and overcome.

If the kid is going to be good, he will.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.