GDT: Buffalo at Toronto, 4/12/22, 7 PM, MSG, WGR FEEL THE POWER

Doohickie

Point 2: the following teams have all beaten Toronto more than once this season: Pittsburgh,  Rangers (1 OT), Arizona (1 OT), Vancouver, Montreal, Buffalo (3).  11 of 20 regulation losses and 2 of 6 OT/SO losses are against teams currently out of the playoffs.  That is a strong negative indicator for them.

1 hour ago, The Ghost of NS said:

Found it funny how the Laffs broadcast was trying to explain how the Laffs are great against good teams and somehow terrible against “bad” teams. 

Hilarious. It is a shame they are unable to give the Sabres credit for playing a very good game.

I wonder how they tried to explain their epic collapse against the Panthers.

14 minutes ago, Peter said:

Hilarious. It is a shame they are unable to give the Sabres credit for playing a very good game.

I wonder how they tried to explain their epic collapse against the Panthers.

It's actually true.  IMHO, that indicates an immature team.  Mature, talented teams should not have over half their regulation losses against bottom dwellers.  They are undoubtedly talented, so...

Edited by Marvin, Sabres Fan

Went to the Braves game tonight.  Braves just squashed the Nats.  

Just finished watching the game.  Lol.  I just love beating the Leafs.  They are the most over-rated team in hockey.  The Sabres literally blew them off the ice for the 3rd straight game. 

Congrats to Dahlin for 45 pts and 10 goals.  Good job by Power not bring overwhelmed in his first game.  Liked the Dahlin Samuelsson pairing.  Thompson is playing like  a man among boys.

Great job by the DG, his staff and the team getting their crap together after 3 hard loses including a failure to show up against TB.  Great pass by VO.  Earning his new deal.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SDS said:

I didn’t read this earlier, but make note that that pass from VO to Dahlin was a no look pass. 

Seconded. That was fantastic.

This is the Olofsson we saw in the first few weeks of the season.

He’s slowly and steadily clearing the barn of that one-trick pony rap. There are times he’s been seeing the ice like Sam Reinhart.

My biggest takeaway from tonight will be how dominant a Dahlin/Power/Samuelsson/Jokiharju top 4 could be a few years down the road.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Reinhart wanted out, so that wasn't an option.

Like KA says we only want players who are proud to wear the Sabres Uni! Said it before you can have all the talent in the world but without the right culture in a team sport it’s a hard way to win. Ask Eichel. If VGK doesn’t  make the playoffs shits gonna hit the fan…bahahahahah

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I actually thought Power seemed to be having a little trouble adjusting to the speed of the game at this level but he wasn't horrible. No big deal, I'm sure it's just a first game type thing. Still confident he will be very good. 

Love beating the Laughs. Just love it. Season highlight maybe. 

I thought Toronto's D had way more trouble with the speed of this NHL game than Power did.

8 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Disagree. Got turned around a few times, lost his footing, made a few rushed decisions.  It'll all come in time no worries but that's the reality.

Still, even with that, he's better than half our D core already. 

Dude. Whatever. If you did see this, it was no more than any other D man in any other game.

Only, this was his first game. 

Edited by SwampD

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.