GDT: 2/25/2022 Sabres at Blues, 8 pm ET (ESPN+, confirmed: MSG)

DarthEbriate

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

Easy, tiger.  The Sabres lost possession about three seconds after you posted this.

If they had another forward on the ice, they may not have lost possession. Get what I'm saying? Pull the goalie as soon as you get possession. Donnie needed his glasses tonight, I don't think he could see the clock. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DarthEbriate said:

Entertaining game against a very good club. An NHL-level goalie at least steals a point. Good effort after the MTL garbage. I hoped that a lot more of our losses would have looked like this this season.

Yes it was a loss, but I feel like I didn't waste 3 hours watching it.  I found it fairly entertaining!

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Mitts line was a bag of surprises both positive and negative.

Im starting to fear that Mitts injury/injuries may have ruined him.

I don't see it that way at all.  I think he's stepping back in after missing a ton of time against players who've had their game legs for months.  He's a bit off.  His legs are getting better and now he's gotta get his timing back.  That's really what the bad pass was... time and trying to force something that wasn't there.

9 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

This isn't the issue so much as, given the value of all pieces under consideration at the time, he should have easily been able to pull Kyrou WITH Tage and everything else he got.

The Blues had them rated:  1. Kyrou, 2. Thomas, 3. Thompson.    Kyrou wad not on the table.   

Rumors have it that JBOT wanted Thomas but Blues would not do it. 

The worst part of the trade was the veteran garbage that JBot took.  ROR is the best overall hockey player on a very strong and balanced team. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Dahlin has played well, The Cozens line looked dangerous. The Thompson line always seemed a second off. Eakin’s line may as well be a PK and Mitts line was a bag of surprises both positive and negative.

Blues coverage loved the play of Tage and his line.  Cozens line was good.  Mitts line was not.  I want to see Janker over Mullet head Eakin.  

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Yeah, Mittelstadt had 2 tough games in a row there.  Definitely not playing w/ confidence now.

But, unsurprisingly, with Okposo back in the lineup the team overall played with a poise lacking on Wednesday.

They've gotta win again eventually.  Why not Sunday afternoon?

I've got over a hundred dollars riding on it.  (Not a bet, a ticket to the game.  I hope it doesn't go to waste.)

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

The Blues had them rated:  1. Kyrou, 2. Thomas, 3. Thompson.    Kyrou wad not on the table.   

Rumors have it that JBOT wanted Thomas but Blues would not do it. 

The worst part of the trade was the veteran garbage that JBot took.  ROR is the best overall hockey player on a very strong and balanced team. 

Right he treated the veteran garbage as positive assets, where plenty of us were howling from the mountaintops that they were completely washed and that we should have gotten a lot more value for agreeing to take them. 

However the Blues themselves ranked them (how exactly do we know that?) I distinctly remember considering Thompson barely a top five prospect of theirs at the time and I remember linking threads that had Blues fans consistently ranking him similarly. Everyone but Jason and Terry knew what we were trading away, and there is no reason the Sabres shouldn't have gotten another top piece out of the deal. It is happy and lucky for Terry, who doesn't deserve the luck (the fans do), that Tage is going to make it turn out okay, especially if Johnson hits. 

3 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

Dahlin has played well, The Cozens line looked dangerous. The Thompson line always seemed a second off. Eakin’s line may as well be a PK and Mitts line was a bag of surprises both positive and negative.

Mitts probably needs another 5 games to get up to game speed. 

Haven’t read the thread, but I assume Mitts got roasted on the winner?

It was a bad play, which is a shame because today was the first game where I saw last year’s puckhandling skills starting to show up. He had some chances, and created some chances. I saw it as a step in the right direction after being absent or filler all season. Hopefully the worm is turning.

Overall, I thought we got a glimpse of what this team could become; Samuelsson assertiveness, Cozens doggedness, Dahlin dominance, and three lines capable of scoring.

Next step is adding Power, Quinn and Luukkonen to the mix and getting most of the kids playing that way most of the time, rather than some of them some of the time.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Right he treated the veteran garbage as positive assets, where plenty of us were howling from the mountaintops that they were completely washed and that we should have gotten a lot more value for agreeing to take them. 

However the Blues themselves ranked them (how exactly do we know that?) I distinctly remember considering Thompson barely a top five prospect of theirs at the time and I remember linking threads that had Blues fans consistently ranking him similarly. Everyone but Jason and Terry knew what we were trading away, and there is no reason the Sabres shouldn't have gotten another top piece out of the deal. It is happy and lucky for Terry, who doesn't deserve the luck (the fans do), that Tage is going to make it turn out okay, especially if Johnson hits. 

I wonder how things would've went had we not been working with what was clearly a self imposed deadline to avoid paying that bonus? Had it led to getting one of those other two included as well it would've been the best $7 Million Mr Drill Another Well ever spent.

6 hours ago, dudacek said:

Overall, I thought we got a glimpse of what this team could become; Samuelsson assertiveness, Cozens doggedness, Dahlin dominance, and three lines capable of scoring.

I got to watch a whole game for the first time in an age. I’d been scratching my head over the love for Samuelsson. But last night,  he showed why he should have a future in the NHL. It was smart, physical play in the D zone (long stick too), and then a whole lot of calm, simple transition passes (head always up on that big frame). He even made a couple of smart (pinch) plays in STL’s zone. Excellent game for him, imo.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.