GDT: 2/25/2022 Sabres at Blues, 8 pm ET (ESPN+, confirmed: MSG)

DarthEbriate

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

Was it just me last night, but did anyone else think DG should have pulled the goalie when we had them hemmed in their zone with about 2 minutes left?

Chyeah. This is at least the second time of late that DG had that deer in the headlights response.

13 hours ago, dudacek said:

Haven’t read the thread, but I assume Mitts got roasted on the winner?

It was a bad play, which is a shame because today was the first game where I saw last year’s puckhandling skills starting to show up. He had some chances, and created some chances. I saw it as a step in the right direction after being absent or filler all season. Hopefully the worm is turning.

Overall, I thought we got a glimpse of what this team could become; Samuelsson assertiveness, Cozens doggedness, Dahlin dominance, and three lines capable of scoring.

Next step is adding Power, Quinn and Luukkonen to the mix and getting most of the kids playing that way most of the time, rather than some of them some of the time.

Imagine a well-placed combination of a Copp-like veteran, a Manson-like veteran, and a stable veteran goalie on top of that. 

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, French Collection said:

Tokarski looks like Dell tonight. Even when he stops one it has a chance to go in.

Always out of position to make 5he second save.  He is a flopper and he lays all over the ice.  He is small and leaves a big 5 hole.  

13 hours ago, sabremike said:

I wonder how things would've went had we not been working with what was clearly a self imposed deadline to avoid paying that bonus? Had it led to getting one of those other two included as well it would've been the best $7 Million Mr Drill Another Well ever spent.

Kyrou was off the table.  Thomas too.   Bots got fleeced by a savvy veteran GM who unload his junk plus, a prospect and a pick for ROR.  

I wonder how it would have went if Terry stopped the Pittsburgh baloney, never hired JBot - meaning no Housley and no Ralph.   

Give a real GM assets Eichel, Reinhart and ROR and get out of the way.   Terry made this so hard. 

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Was it just me last night, but did anyone else think DG should have pulled the goalie when we had them hemmed in their zone with about 2 minutes left?

Maybe he did and Toker hesitated?   

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

Imagine a well-placed combination of a Copp-like veteran, a Manson-like veteran, and a stable veteran goalie on top of that. 

You express the notion that many of us have. That a few mid-level priced additions that includes an upgrade in net can have a significant positive effect while still staying within the rebuilding strategy of drafting and developing. It takes a little front office moxie and the will to get serious about turning things around. 

When watching the St. Louis and Colorada games you come away with the belief that margin for us to be a serious team or a mediocre team is not great. When you have an abundance of draft and cap capital it is wasteful not to judiciously use some of them to get better. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.