GDT: Colorado at Buffalo, Feb 19, 2022, 1pm, MSG / SN1, WGR.

Eleven

2 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

A high stick is a high stick, no matter what you yearn to see from the young swede. It was a bad missed call that played a huge role in the game, objectively, a mistake which turned what should have been a dead play and a sabres power play into an avs 2 on 1 instead. It happens sometimes and it's fine to be upset when it does. Sabres played well against the best the NHL has to offer 

"Lost a battle."

Lol, said the scorpion, lmao

I wonder if you’d care to give an update (if there is one) regarding your stance on Dahlin? In the past you’ve provided solid in depth commentary on your views of him as a player and what he may amount to: with Dahlin’s improving play of late, wondering if that’s shifted at all?

Any kind of updated projection? 

Edited by Thorny

17 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I wonder if you’d care to give an update (if there is one) regarding your stance on Dahlin? In the past you’ve provided solid in depth commentary on your views of him as a player and what he may amount to: with Dahlin’s improving play of late, wondering if that’s shifted at all?

Any kind of updated projection? 

He is now far from the cliff i worried about. I am happy with his floor as a good offensive defenseman and think the sky is still the limit but it's tough to put odds on specific levels he could hit. I think he has been quite good this year

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

He is now far from the cliff i worried about. I am happy with his floor as a good offensive defenseman and think the sky is still the limit but it's tough to put odds on specific levels he could hit. I think he has been quite good this year

Every bad aspect of his defensive game from earlier in the season.,..

1 on 1

2 on 1 

Board play

Net front presence

All around snark

Is no longer an anchor on his game.

Has been working on his defensive game, and he has been for the last 15-20 games and very competent defensive defenseman. It is quite amazing how well he has progressed. I was one of his biggest critics at the start of the year when he was a turn over machine and would get turned around in the d-zone. He is playing with confidence and I credit that to the coaching staff and his work ethic.

2 hours ago, NAF said:

I really don't like moral victories. I get that they looked good against a great team, but having watched the dog pile that is this organization for the last 12 years it's difficult to continue to take good things away from bad situations. They lost.

This is reasonable, but be careful — you'll be tarred a hater or a troll.

• Like (+1) 1

Ralph Krueger was fired on March 17th of last year, anyone who hasn't seen the giant improvement in Dahlin's all around game since that moment either knows nothing about hockey or is just a hater. 

Since 12/14 approximately 2 months ago, he has 19 points in those 22 games. A 71 point pace in a full year. He's played over 24 minutes a game of TOI and he's 3rd on the team in hits for the season. His D partners this year are JAGS (Pysyk, Hagg, Miller, Butcher) 2 rookies (Samuelsson and Fitzgerald) and an undersized Dman in Bryson who also doesn't have a full season of games played (78) for his career and he's the reason this team isn't winning?? I don't know what to say anymore about blaming him.

• Like (+1) 6

13 minutes ago, jsb said:

Ralph Krueger was fired on March 17th of last year, anyone who hasn't seen the giant improvement in Dahlin's all around game since that moment either knows nothing about hockey or is just a hater. 

Since 12/14 approximately 2 months ago, he has 19 points in those 22 games. A 71 point pace in a full year. He's played over 24 minutes a game of TOI and he's 3rd on the team in hits for the season. His D partners this year are JAGS (Pysyk, Hagg, Miller, Butcher) 2 rookies (Samuelsson and Fitzgerald) and an undersized Dman in Bryson who also doesn't have a full season of games played (78) for his career and he's the reason this team isn't winning?? I don't know what to say anymore about blaming him.

Just a note that doesn’t necessarily take away from your overall point.

Dahlin has had 3 partners so far this season.

Jokiharju for around 400 mins.

Butcher for around 200 mins.

Pysyk for around 200 mins.

No one else has played more than 38 mins with Dahlin, which isn’t really even enough to say that they’ve played together.

Butcher is definitely a JAG at best, maybe worse than that.

Pysyk is not a JAG IMO, but I could see where some may disagree.

Jokiharju is not a JAG IMO.

25 minutes ago, Curt said:

Just a note that doesn’t necessarily take away from your overall point.

Dahlin has had 3 partners so far this season.

Jokiharju for around 400 mins.

Butcher for around 200 mins.

Pysyk for around 200 mins.

No one else has played more than 38 mins with Dahlin, which isn’t really even enough to say that they’ve played together.

Butcher is definitely a JAG at best, maybe worse than that.

Pysyk is not a JAG IMO, but I could see where some may disagree.

Jokiharju is not a JAG IMO.

You bring up an interesting issue. Joki has played well in a pairing with Dahlin this year. But is that pairing the most optimal pairing for Dahlin next year when Power is added to the mix? Samuelsson has played well this year. Who would be the best pairing for him? Is he a second or third pairing type of blueliner? There are a lot of combinations to consider just as there are a lot of line combinations to consider. It's obvious I have more questions than answers! 

1 hour ago, jsb said:

People want to blame him because the media had him billed as the second coming. PA and a few others blame him for not immediately being as "advertised".

5 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Dhalin is playing with more spite lately... I liked his response.

So he has become tougher? I'm not seeing it but if you think so that's cool. Like I've stated I like his play since the All star break, I like how he's blocking shots and playing a better defensive game, not making stupid passes that get intercepted and taken back for a goal. In general I'd like us to get tougher, add some bigger, meaner players through the draft, that's all I'm saying.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Dahlin being weak and losing a puck battle like a chump. 

while I liked that hit, that was a penalty. Dahlin has been one of our best players lately. You can see him getting better. With some real goaltending this team could be close to playoff spot.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.