GDT: Colorado at Buffalo, Feb 19, 2022, 1pm, MSG / SN1, WGR.

Eleven

1 minute ago, thewookie1 said:

The fact the Avs scored directly due to an ignored penalty that had 2 different penalties just leaves me outraged. God I wish Granato would rip the refs in his press conference like he did during the game.

They deserved a better result

He won't publicly. Never good to air the stupidity of 2 refs as bad as they were. 

Best game I have seen since they were all healthy at the beginning of the season. Passion, speed, will, hitting and the ever impressive COMPETE, was there.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Nitro60 said:

Relax.  Go out and have a nice dinner and an adult beverage.  Enjoy life.  You will make no head way with those fixated on hating a player.  

It's not hatred. It's a refusal to depict Dahlin as something he's not (yet). We're so desperate to put a label on someone as great or elite or generational or whatever. That's the true derangement.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, PASabreFan said:

It's not hatred. It's a refusal to depict Dahlin as something he's not (yet). We're so desperate to put a label on someone as great or elite or generational or whatever. That's the true derangement.

Lol. You hate Dahlin, you and many others. Here's Dahlin... "losing a battle" lmfao!

• Thanks (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

What is it with you? Everyone I mention Dahlin I'm a hater? I like his game since the all star break but he gets pushed around aka bodied alot for a guy his size, you can tell me otherwise, you probably will but I see what I see and you see what you see. 

No, he really doesn't. That's what's with me. You are focused on one play, just like PA. 

15 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

This is utter *****.

No one has said anything like this. You’ve taken people’s hopes from 4 years ago and are depicting it as something it’s not.

True derangement is constantly expecting to see nothing but the worst in everything and an outright refusal to focus on anything other than those things that support that particular world view.

He’s a hockey player. A very good one, who continues to get better.

10 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Good to see PSE thugs chasing off little guys in the background of the postgame show.

Case in point.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

He's our best defenseman since ???? Cambell? He's young and getting better every game. He's night and day better than the start of this season. 

Dude I didn't single out Dahlin if you go back to my original post, I simply said I want to get bigger and tougher and cited a few players get pushed around and names Dahlin as one. It doesn't mean I want him replaced, I obviously want him to succeed since I'm done with the suckfest that has been the Sabres for quite some time.

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Case in point.

It should bother anyone with a heart. Did you see it? The kid's like 6, waving a program around, having a good time, and some dude in a suit with a bluetooth or whatever walked briskly toward him, the kid ran off, and the thug turned back.

Just now, PASabreFan said:

It should bother anyone with a heart. Did you see it? The kid's like 6, waving a program around, having a good time, and some dude in a suit with a bluetooth or whatever walked briskly toward him, the kid ran off, and the thug turned back.

I’m sure it was deeply symbolic of the way this franchise has always gone out of its way to stomp on little hearts.

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I’m sure it was deeply symbolic of the way this franchise has always gone out of its way to stomp on little hearts.

It was ugly, I'll tell you that. Is that what corporate America thinks it can do to people? If the kid was mine, I'd probably be in jail right now.

A high stick is a high stick, no matter what you yearn to see from the young swede. It was a bad missed call that played a huge role in the game, objectively, a mistake which turned what should have been a dead play and a sabres power play into an avs 2 on 1 instead. It happens sometimes and it's fine to be upset when it does. Sabres played well against the best the NHL has to offer 

24 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Lol. You hate Dahlin, you and many others. Here's Dahlin... "losing a battle" lmfao!

"Lost a battle."

Lol, said the scorpion, lmao

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

The instant that official decided to let that one go the sabres fate was sealed. The make up call that followed was the pablum they feed the Sabres to placate them and quiet the outrage. You are within 20 or 30 feet of the play and watching it unfold. What in your past experience makes you decide not to call an infraction on that particular play ? Moron.

Edited by bunomatic
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Fact is Dahlin, like several young Sabres, is still  growing physically… He is barely a man… playing against some grown men 10+ years his senior… Expect he will be one tough fella in time… 

• Like (+1) 4

I really don't like moral victories. I get that they looked good against a great team, but having watched the dog pile that is this organization for the last 12 years it's difficult to continue to take good things away from bad situations. They lost.

• Like (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, NAF said:

having watched the dog pile that is this organization for the last 12 years it's difficult to continue to take good things away from bad situations. They lost.

Agree… Think the largest part of the fan base is used to losing and expects no leap… 3 years away from playoffs and Cup contention… with our roster and pipeline talent… is unacceptable… Would mean Pegula, Adams, Granato, and team leaders aren’t doing their respective jobs both in and off season… Expectations matter…

2 hours ago, Nitro60 said:

I think he may have been shaken up but could have been selling the penalty but the ref decided not male the call.  Typical third period officiating.

I only saw limited action.  I did see Dahlin get interfered with and high sticked in the face, then hauled down.  That led to Avs fourth goal.  That is a call the ref has to make.  

I thought Dahlin looked good the rest of the way.  He blasted someone on a later shift and tried to create offense.  

Dahlin is get getting stronger.  The Dahlin complainers need to understand he has decent size at 6’ 3” and 207 at 21 years.  He could easily play at 215 in the next few years.   If I’m Adams, I’m putting him on more strength training in the off-season.   Its the same story, most defenseman take longer and I think he will be excellent for a long time.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 3

Just some quick thoughts on this game:

The Sabres have a legitimate first line. Although Tage got the hat trick I thought the best player on the line was Skinner. He was active and made a couple of nice set up passes for Tage to convert. He was the most tenacious player on his line. 

In general, I thought Tokarski played well except for giving up what I thought was a soft goal. When you are playing against a superior team there is little margin for error. Those soft goals he seems to give up every game are crushers. 

For a player who hasn't played much this season due to injuries I thought Mitts was moving well. He wasn't making many plays but he was keeping up in a fast paced game. 

Kadri's goal was on a laser shot. You can't give a hot player like him so much space in a shooting lane. 

I am befuddled over how some others view the play of Dahlin. Even against one of the best teams in the league loaded with talent he is one of the better players on the ice. At least that is what I am seeing. Making a judgment on an isolated play or two in a fast paced game makes little sense. What I have seen from him this year compared to previous years in his young career is a more physical brand of play. 

This was a very entertaining game with a lot of flow to it. It was enjoyable to watch. 

My over-arching thought in watching this game is that it is realistic to believe that with a few more additions this team will be on the rise and become a relevant team in the league. How long will it take? My projection is two years. I have the hope that next year will be a bump up year for us that will lay the stage for future success. 

• Like (+1) 8

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.