GDT: 1/30/2022 Sabres @ Avalanche 8:00 PM EST

DarthEbriate

Starting up the research...

Colorado is riding a 17-game home win streak and have won 9 straight overall. They're 19-2-1 at home this season.

Nathan MacKinnon will miss tonight's game after a collision with Taylor Hall of Boston last Thursday (broken nose/concussion). Colorado was trailing Boston 3-1 in the third period, but came back to win the game in OT to extend both streaks.

• Thanks (+1) 1

• This is the first of two meetings between the Sabres and Avalanche this season. 
• Last meeting: Colorado defeated Buffalo 3-2 in Denver on February 26, 2020. 
• This is the 148th game all-time between Buffalo and Colorado; Buffalo has a 62-61-24 series record.
• The Sabres are 24-37-13 on the road against the Avalanche all-time.

• Buffalo was supposed to face Colorado on December 22 in Buffalo, but that game has rescheduled for February 19.

• The Avalanche are currently on a nine-game winning streak, the longest current streak in the NHL. 
• They're 14-0-1 in their last 15 games. Their 29 points this month have already set an NHL record for most points by a team in January.

• Colorado has won won 18 straight home games, and they're 19-0-1 in their last 20 at Ball Arena, the longest home point streak in franchise history.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Colorado is -$600 ML on Caesars sports-book.  A lot of chalk.  Not sure I’ve seen a line this big in a while.  Deserved? Injuries, back to back, road game, COVID, etc.  Lowered expectations for tonight, but I’m watching.

McNab Wellhead (homage to former 6th round pick Peter doing Color for the Avs)

No shame in losing tonight, almost everybody has to this Avalanche team.

Maybe they'll surprise and play a really good game against an obviously much better opponent and come out with atleast a point? 

Of course, maybe not too. 

Edited by Norcal
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Norcal said:

No shame in losing tonight, almost everybody has to this Avalanche team.

Maybe they'll surprise and play a really good game against an obviously much better opponent and come out with atleast a point? 

Of course, maybe not too. 

Big test for the kids tonight but come on NorCal there is most certainly shame.  Let’s figure out how to sting some wins together.  Let’s Go Buffalo!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 4

31 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I doubt Anderson starts tonight. So Toker?

My expectation is Anderson is between the pipes tonight.

Pretty sure he did a btb earlier this year & he essentially had the night off after the 1st last night.  If HE doesn't care how old his is, at this point why should Granato? 

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Derrico said:

Big test for the kids tonight but come on NorCal there is most certainly shame.  Let’s figure out how to sting some wins together.  Let’s Go Buffalo!!!!!!

No time like the present. I do think they could surprise, if the Avs try to coast. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

My expectation is Anderson is between the pipes tonight.

Pretty sure he did a btb earlier this year & he essentially had the night off after the 1st last night.  If HE doesn't care how old his is, at this point why should Granato? 

Because he admitted he was pretty beat from last night. 

Flying commercial ROC-DEN looks unlikely reinforcements can get there by game time. Can Adams use the Pegula jet in such emergencies?

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.