GDT: 1/30/2022 Sabres @ Avalanche 8:00 PM EST

DarthEbriate

2 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Once again, Dunleavy talking about anything but the game at hand when something happens.

It feels like he’s almost tying to make me stop watching.  All this talk about the Avs scoring first win percentage.  Yeah dude, they’ve won a ***** ton of games.  They score a lot.  Chances are they’ve scored first a whole bunch. 

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Actually Jan Smithers was IIRC from Ohio.  (She was living in CA when she was the cover girl for the Newsweek feature on baby boomers, but thought that wasn't where she grew up.  Could definitely be off on that one.)   But after Brolin dumped her for Babs (what a friggin' idiot he was) she moved to your NS's neck of the woods.

And Bailey was from the Windy City.

From Wiki:

Born Karin Jan Smithers, North Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, U.S.

Smithers grew up with her parents and three sisters in Woodland Hills, Los Angeles, and attended what is now William Howard Taft Charter High School there. She first reached the public eye as a teenager when she was profiled and featured on the March 21, 1966, cover of Newsweek, seated on the back of a motorcycle.[2] She received offers from Hollywood agents as a result of that appearance.[1][3]

Smithers's first marriage was to Kipp Whitman from 1971 to 1972. From 1986 to 1995, she was married to actor James Brolin[1] and was stepmother to his two children from a previous marriage; together they have one daughter, Molly Elizabeth (b. 1987). Smithers filed for divorce from Brolin in 1995.

After living in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, she now lives in Ojai, California.[3] In June 2014, Smithers attended a reunion of surviving WKRP in Cincinnati cast members hosted by the Paley Center for Media.[4]

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, inkman said:

It feels like he’s almost tying to make me stop watching.  All this talk about the Avs scoring first win percentage.  Yeah dude, they’ve won a ***** ton of games.  They score a lot.  Chances are they’ve scored first a whole bunch. 

He needs to be a color man, not a play by play guy. I am forgiving, but I focus on me as a kid listening to west coast games on my transistor radio

w one ear piece in my bunk bed….OR better yet, a blind listener….. pick one DANNO!

27 minutes ago, Norcal said:

I've been looking for this series for a few days before this news came out. 

Seems like nobody carries it anymore or I just haven't found it. 

See it every now & then at Walmart of all places.

Pretty cool collection.  ALMOST all the original music is included now.  The Contest Nobody Could Win is COMPLETELY different than the syndicated version.  And the 2 part episodes are run as single episodes.

Some really good bits got lost w/ the syndicated versions, so it was cool to get pretty much the original episodes as they originally aired.

12 minutes ago, Taro T said:

See it every now & then at Walmart of all places.

Pretty cool collection.  ALMOST all the original music is included now.  The Contest Nobody Could Win is COMPLETELY different than the syndicated version.  And the 2 part episodes are run as single episodes.

Some really good bits got lost w/ the syndicated versions, so it was cool to get pretty much the original episodes as they originally aired.

Sweet. I really need to try and get my hands on them. 

20 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

From Wiki:

Memory is a strange thing.  Somehow converted her going to William Howard Taft HS to being from Ohio.  (Knew there was something about Ohio in her background.  And admitted wasn't sure if that wasn't misremembered.   D'oh!)

Also, really thought she died after that truck accident 15 years ago.  Glad she's still alive & kicking.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.