2022 Olympic Hockey Thread

Brawndo

Looks like we won't get to see Levi after all so that's disappointing but Power looked very good.

He's the anti Dahlin. All the elite skills but such a different player. The poise, vision, positional play, decision making. Guy plays like a veteran and seems to have incredible awareness and hockey sense. He is going to make a huge difference when he gets here. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 2/10/2022 at 9:27 AM, Claude Balls said:

U.S.A. starting to wake up a little. I didn't realize how many North American players are playing for China. Chris Chelios son Jake playing for China??? Wtf

I'm perfectly calmed. Just not impressed yet. 

Many of these guys are players for the China based KHL team.  Apparently simply playing hockey in China for some time is enough to qualify you for the Chinese Olympic Team.

Any word yet on the plan for Levi? It would be a true shame to have pulled him out of school to have him sit out the Games in the press box.

Yes, the Olympics can be a once in a lifetime thing, but so is his shot at the Hobey Baker, and at least he's participating in the latter.

Edited by JoeSchmoe
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Any word yet on the plan for Levi? It would be a true shame to have pulled him out of school to have him sit out the Games in the press box.

Yes, the Olympics can be a once in a lifetime thing, but so is his shot at the Hobey Baker, and at least he's participating in the latter.

Maybe he’ll get the start against China?

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Agreed 

I tried googling her to get the full story here. Am I missing something? In my eye it would be hard to beat Dutch speedskater gold medalist Jutta Leerdam, but I may be missing some criteria.

Edit: correction... It was Irene Schouten that won gold, not Jutta. 

Edited by JoeSchmoe

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

The problem with this Olympics (and probably more to come) is the blatant corruption. We have this and now mercenaries playing for team China when the IOC rules are that you must be a citizen to represent and compete for a country. At least 18 of the 22 players of the Chinese hockey team are non-citizens. And Eileen Guo refuses to answer questions about her citizenship. I think this is the beginning of the end of the Olympics as we know it. 

2 minutes ago, kas23 said:

I think this is the beginning of the end of the Olympics as we know it. 

I think you're right. People are losing interest... At least here in North America.

Unless there were a major dismantling of the IOC along with major structural changes on how the Olympics are awarded, the apathy is just going to continue. 

The billions and billions of $$$ in infrastructure required to run the games is a joke. I think they're going to have to go back to more modest setups similar to what you see in Lake Placid. Furthermore, they'd have to make more use of existing facilities in locations that have already hosted games.

9 minutes ago, KC Scouts said:

Canada's goalie got smoked on that one. Maybe they should have dressed Levi.

Pasquale played 2 seasons for the Syracuse Crunch.

Hard to read the numbers on the jerseys. And the ice is too bright, don’t know if it’s lighting or tv contrast.

Just now, pastajoe said:

Pasquale played 2 seasons for the Syracuse Crunch.

Hard to read the numbers on the jerseys. And the ice is too bright, don’t know if it’s lighting or tv contrast.

Yes, I couldn't read the numbers on the Canadian jerseys who where on the ice for that goal but a couple players got walked

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.