2022 Olympic Hockey Thread

Brawndo

2 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

I couldn’t hear but it sounded like Healy and Poulin at the intermission were talking about Buffalo pulling Levi from the tournament.

Old coach mentality probably means that Levi won't start a game now that they are past the prelims.  I wonder if Levi was pulled, does he forfeit eligibility for a medal (in case Canada does well)?

3 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

I couldn’t hear but it sounded like Healy and Poulin at the intermission were talking about Buffalo pulling Levi from the tournament.

Buffalo has no say in what Levi does at the Olympics because Levi has no contract with Buffalo.

Levi can do whatever the fudge he wants to right now..... 

I also seriously doubt we would ever do such a thing. Can't think of single reason why we would. He misses a few college games.. not a big deal...

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, ddaryl said:

Buffalo has no say in what Levi does at the Olympics because Levi has no contract with Buffalo.

Levi can do whatever the fudge he wants to right now..... 

I also seriously doubt we would ever do such a thing. Can't think of single reason why we would. He misses a few college games.. not a big deal...

You would think Healey and Poulin would be aware of that reality. The only right the Sabres have when it comes to Levi is the exclusive right to sign him before he’s eligible for free agency if he chooses to go that route after three years of college. 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Julien not playing Levi, taking Power off of PP1. 
Dinosaur is going to lose with old journeymen while the future is on the bench.  Kent Johnson and Mason McTavish not getting as much ice time either.

Hockey Canada being old and regressive is Fry level of shocking. 

20 minutes ago, French Collection said:

2-1 Canada after the first. 
Not panic mode yet but Julien is getting some second guessing from the millions of armchair coaches in Canada.

Is it bad that I hope they lose with Power getting less TOI and Levi on the bench? Would serve them right. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Hockey Canada being old and regressive is Fry level of shocking. 

Is it bad that I hope they lose with Power getting less TOI and Levi on the bench? Would serve them right. 

I pull for Canada no matter what, but I really wanted to see Levi.

Julien leaning on guys who were in their primes at the same time he was.

21 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

I’m not rooting for Canada to lose but their lineup isn’t very strong. Most of the players are vet role players on European teams.

The kids (Power, Johnson, McTavish, Levi) are their most talented guys but there are not enough of them or aren’t in the lineup🤪

They don’t look strong enough to go all the way but you never know in single game elimination. Eric Staal as a go to doesn’t give me warm fuzzy feelings.

They need to steal a game or two by a goalie standing on his head and I’m not sure these journeymen are up to the task.

I’m glad the Sabres didn’t hire Julien because he would play JAGs instead of Cozens, Krebs, Quinn and Peterka.

1 hour ago, French Collection said:

They don’t look strong enough to go all the way but you never know in single game elimination. Eric Staal as a go to doesn’t give me warm fuzzy feelings.

They need to steal a game or two by a goalie standing on his head and I’m not sure these journeymen are up to the task.

I’m glad the Sabres didn’t hire Julien because he would play JAGs instead of Cozens, Krebs, Quinn and Peterka.

It's not not only Julien, it's a lot of coaches do the same thing. A lot more than we think have tendencies more in line with Kruger than with DG. 

• Like (+1) 1

This Slafkovsky is a fantastic player.  Only 17 and arguably the best player on the ice in the USA Slovakia game.  This guy should be at the top of our draft list if we aren’t drafting in the top 4.  We currently have the 7th overall pick.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.