GDT: Oilers vs Sabres Nov. 12, 2021, 7pm, ESPN+ only, WGR

PromoTheRobot

Cozens line did so much better matching up than Girgensons line. I was getting frustrated with the latter skating in circles. Cozens did get a few lucky breaks but overall that’s the best line out there and they did well. Oilers do nothing this game without the power plays. Tokarski stole 2 points.

To think of all the extra talent this team is getting off of injury over the next month, followed by prospects kicking butt. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, klos1963 said:

Minimum of 8?  I've watched almost every game on + this season.

There are 8 ESPN+ exclusives, which means if you want to watch them in the team's home market you have to have ESPN+ (this game was not on MSG).  However if you're outside of the home market in the U.S., most games are on ESPN+.  I think the Sabres had one game on NHL Network, and there are also a handful of games on TNT (2 for the Sabres I think), the other broadcast partner.

Edited by The Ghost of Yuri

36 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Granato has a knack for knowing want strings to pull and when to pull them with players. There was some thought earlier today that Granato was gonna hurt Cozens’s confidence if he played him against McDavid, let alone played him a lot against McDavid. There was also the potential for Cozens to respond and if Granato had never put that faith in Cozens tonight, that would not have been realized. A master stroke by Granato. 

• Like (+1) 3

38 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

There are 8 ESPN+ exclusives, which means if you want to watch them in the team's home market you have to have ESPN+ (this game was not on MSG).  However if you're outside of the home market in the U.S., most games are on ESPN+.  I think the Sabres had one game on NHL Network, and there are also a handful of games on TNT (2 for the Sabres I think), the other broadcast partner.

If you have hulu the espn+ games are on there.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I watched the 3rd sitting in a hot tub outdoors in the tropics, happy on whatever this country has to offer, and that was an EPIC game!!! 

This is not a tank 

Why would anyone sit in a hot tub in the tropics?

40 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

I think it is Tuch with Cozens as an A. Then Cozens graduates to C in a few years with Krebs as an A.

So in a few years Tuch is off the team? 

I don't know enough about Tuch to say, but I think I'd favour the guy who has already been here and clearly shows his leadership qualities, even when he arrived in the middle of a mess. Krebs has to earn it as well. and don't forget about Power, in a few years. 

5 hours ago, Brawndo said:

@Taro T and they are starting Cozens Line versus McDavid’s anyways 

And it didn't turn out he needed the sheltering of Kyle & Z either.  Nor did he need to be sent down to figure it all out.  As said earlier, wasn't sure of the best way to handle him, but trusted Granato's judgement more than either of ours.  Guess he nailed it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

So in a few years Tuch is off the team? 

I don't know enough about Tuch to say, but I think I'd favour the guy who has already been here and clearly shows his leadership qualities, even when he arrived in the middle of a mess. Krebs has to earn it as well. and don't forget about Power, in a few years. 

This helps me to understand why we don't have a C, only two A's on guys who've been here the longest.

5 hours ago, Brawndo said:

@Taro T and they are starting Cozens Line versus McDavid’s anyways 

Donnie Granato seeing opportunities where we see fears.

Well done, coach. Happy you’re in charge.

5 hours ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Bryson just ate up that 3-on-2

Bryson is extraordinarily tough to beat on the rush, his feet are so good.

5 hours ago, Pimlach said:

This Bucci is annoying.  Give me Dunleavy

Give me anybody other than this American network folly of milking a predetermined narrative regardless of the story unfolding in the game.

5 hours ago, erickompositör72 said:

Did he mention Draisaitl leads the league in goals, by any chance?

Or that the Oilers were tired? Or that Nugent-Hopkins hasn’t scored yet?

3 hours ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Bryson just ate McJesus up there!

Yes, he’s for real. This is a narrative worth repeating.

2 hours ago, pi2000 said:

Miller 25min

Bryson 23min

Dahlin 20min

The six minors to kill will do that. Dahlin was quietly excellent defending tonight. Pysyk seems a good match.

We continue to work hard. Tokarski especially. Collectively, the best game of the year for the JAGs.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.