GDT: Oilers vs Sabres Nov. 12, 2021, 7pm, ESPN+ only, WGR

PromoTheRobot

8 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

It is disappointing when you consider the team is 5-1-1 at home, plays with energy, it was a Friday night, and it was the only opportunity to see McDavid (barring a Cup Final matchup) in Buffalo all season...   thanks, ownership!

But once people start realizing they actually ARE good at home, attendance will pick up.

Too bad it was an ESPN+ game as that likely limited the viewership as well.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Curt said:

This absolutely why Granato is the coach.  He needs to, and seems to, get these decisions right more often than not.

Just listened to Grsnato and Cozens’ post games. I felt proud for Cozens, that’s a great thing to feel for a player/team.  I felt the same way watching Tuch’s introductory interviews, even though he has yet to play a game.  I just get a genuine feeling from a lot of these guys, and I haven’t felt that way about the Sabres in several years.  I think that starts at the top.

This team isn’t good yet, but when they get there, I truly believe that we are all going to feel so incredibly proud of them, both as a team and as individuals.

I think we as a fan base are pretty broken right now.  I think this core group developing now is going to teach us to love this team again.

If by “the top” you are referring to KA’s mentality, I’d have to agree 

• Like (+1) 1

The requirement by Canada to get a recent covid test on top of the required vaccinations upon returning has hindered the return of the Canadian fans to the arena. I just don't see the need for the covid test for the vaccinated. 

I agree with you that the owners have grossly mismanaged this franchise and damaged this market. But after so much carnage you can see the franchise moving in the right direction and offering more than a glimmer of hope in the near future. 

Even if the crowd is mostly comprised of Toronto fans I would like to see a full house and a electric environment. 

14 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The requirement by Canada to get a recent covid test on top of the required vaccinations upon returning has hindered the return of the Canadian fans to the arena. I just don't see the need for the covid test for the vaccinated. 

I agree with you that the owners have grossly mismanaged this franchise and damaged this market. But after so much carnage you can see the franchise moving in the right direction and offering more than a glimmer of hope in the near future. 

Even if the crowd is mostly comprised of Toronto fans I would like to see a full house and a electric environment. 

Say what you want about Jack but we definitely need someone to take up the mantle of taunting the leafs fans in the building 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Vaccine doesn’t stop transmission.  Vermont is 91% vaccinated and their cases have never been higher before. 

2 hours ago, Curt said:

This absolutely why Granato is the coach.  He needs to, and seems to, get these decisions right more often than not.

Just listened to Grsnato and Cozens’ post games. I felt proud for Cozens, that’s a great thing to feel for a player/team.  I felt the same way watching Tuch’s introductory interviews, even though he has yet to play a game.  I just get a genuine feeling from a lot of these guys, and I haven’t felt that way about the Sabres in several years.  I think that starts at the top.

This team isn’t good yet, but when they get there, I truly believe that we are all going to feel so incredibly proud of them, both as a team and as individuals.

I think we as a fan base are pretty broken right now.  I think this core group developing now is going to teach us to love this team again.

To quote my beloved Uncle John, “ I could not have said it better, if I said it myself”. 

14 hours ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

There are 8 ESPN+ exclusives, which means if you want to watch them in the team's home market you have to have ESPN+ (this game was not on MSG).  However if you're outside of the home market in the U.S., most games are on ESPN+.  I think the Sabres had one game on NHL Network, and there are also a handful of games on TNT (2 for the Sabres I think), the other broadcast partner.

Got it , thanks.

I know for locals, this stinks, but for me this is great. ESPN+ has Sabres and Bonnies , totally worth it.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Curt said:

Adams, as opposed to ownership, yes.

You know, I think that through Adams the Pegulas are coming around. They havea GM they trust and who respects and communicates with them. They feel much less of a need to try to drive the bus themselves and are letting KA do it.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

You know, I think that through Adams the Pegulas are coming around. They havea GM they trust and who respects and communicates with them. They feel much less of a need to try to drive the bus themselves and are letting KA do it.

Yeah, hope so.  We’ll see what happens.  That can all go out the window pretty quickly.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

Vaccine doesn’t stop transmission.  Vermont is 91% vaccinated and their cases have never been higher before. 

It may not stop the transmission but it makes it less likely that if infected the person will be seriously ill or die. I recently learned of a person who I worked with who didn't get the vaccine because of religious reasons. He died from covid. 

3 hours ago, Thorny said:

Say what you want about Jack but we definitely need someone to take up the mantle of taunting the leafs fans in the building 

I still remember when he scored one of his scintillating goals and went to a Toronto section and banged on the glass. Classic!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

It may not stop the transmission but it makes it less likely that if infected the person will be seriously ill or die. I recently learned of a person who I worked with who didn't get the vaccine because of religious reasons. He died from covid. 

I still remember when he scored one of his scintillating goals and went to a Toronto section and banged on the glass. Classic!

I’m pretty sure Triumph_communes response was to your statement that you didn’t understand Canadas need to test the vaccinated for covid. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.