GDT: Oilers vs Sabres Nov. 12, 2021, 7pm, ESPN+ only, WGR

PromoTheRobot

4 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Bryson is quickly turning into an extremely dependable long-term NHL defenseman.

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

His parents were in the building tonight.

Leafs win. Gotta take em out tomorrow.

I forgot that point that his parents were at the game. Agreed that Bryson is making the most of his opportunity this season.  Awesome to get the win.  

13 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Nice game. Sometimes you're going to be way outmatched in the skill department and need to skate and block shots.

Nice statement game.  Losing streak over.  I hope they have enough for Toronto.  

Who will play goal?  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Nice statement game.  Losing streak over.  I hope they have enough for Toronto.  

Who will play goal?  

Just now, The Ghost of Yuri said:

I heard Dell.

Well hopefully Dell exceeds our expectations.  I hate losing to the Leafs so hoping we have another great effort and another win.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Digger said:

Bryson is making the most of his opportunity this season.

In my mind, he's past the "opportunity" phase.  He's entrenched.

1 hour ago, SDS said:

Did Cozens really play the hard minutes against McDavid? That’s what the Oilers announcers claimed. 

Yes, he played against the McJesus line for most of the game.  Both his goals were with McD on the ice.  In fact McDavid was chasing Dylan when he put the Hinostroza rebound in on the rush.

Edited by The Ghost of Yuri
  • Like (+1) 1

That was without a doubt Cozens best game as a Sabre and not just because he had 2 goals, his complete game going head to head with McDavid for much of it. He gave us a solid complete 2 way game, you got to love it. 

Could Cozens become our new ROR or a Patrice Bergeron? Perhaps they were right and I was wrong and Rochester is not in his future. See if it continues. 

Good game for Bryson and I'm starting to think maybe they should try to sign Pysyk for another 2-3 years if they can at reasonably low money. RHD and a solid physical effort from him. Might be useful and allow for proper development of the youngsters. 

What's not to like? Some might try to say Edmonton was tired from the Boston game but I watched that one too and they looked pretty much the same in both, we just skated better than the Bruins and kept our feet moving as they like to say these days. 

I am very encouraged by this game.

Refs sure like Edmonton though. You take that PP away from them and they are nothing. I doubt they get out of their division come playoff time. 

• Like (+1) 5

22 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

The cool thing was that all of the Sabres goals were on the rush.  I love that.

I think that says two things:  The Eulers were tired.  Long road trip, played yesterday, they didn't have the transition speed the Sabres did.  The second thing is that they didn't respect the Sabres.  They fully expected to advance the puck when the Sabres disrupted high in their own zone or in the neutral zone.  They expected us to back off instead of challenging.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.