Sabres Trade for Johnny Boychuk’s Contract

Brawndo

21 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

That really shores up the right side of the defense, veteran leadership, grit...  oh...  oh right. Still, cap compliance is important. (Edit: Execute Order Seventy!)

What does everyone think the eventual future consideration becomes?

Nothing

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Laugh all you want but you want to play semantics I am game. 

I'm laughing because you'll do anything you can, and use those same samantics, to justify the last tank.

Look, it is absolutely different this time. Everyone can see that. It's actually what many of us who were against the Tank wanted to see the last time. We needed a proper rebuild and didn't need to intetionally lose for over 2 years.

But we are absolutely not trying to win this year, and end up as low as we can to get some high end talent in the next draft. Call it what you want.

4 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

We have a winning record 

For now.

With this and the Butcher trade GMKA is really racking up debt of future considerations.

What happens if the Devils trade something to the Islanders and in return receive the future consideration owed to the Islanders from the Sabres? 

Does compounding considerations increase the favor?

With this and the Butcher trade GMKA is really racking up debt of future considerations.

What happens if the Devils trade something to the Islanders and in return receive the future consideration owed to the Islanders from the Sabres? 

2 hours ago, sabrefanday1 said:

Now we have a retired d-man we are paying til the end of year and he makes good money...they clearly do not want to spend much right now so instead iof spending on Boychuk to get to the cap floor at least spend it on a center

They could have just signed me for the 1.25 mil, I can guarantee I would never have played a game this season, and, they would have gotten a couple thousand back in ticket and consession purchases 

• Like (+1) 1

The Sabres aren't very smart with their money.

I would have not played for the team for only $1.24 million, saving them $10,000!

2 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

They could have just signed me for the 1.25 mil, I can guarantee I would never have played a game this season, and, they would have gotten a couple thousand back in ticket and consession purchases 

I guess I should have read the pop-up announcing your post while I was finishing writing mine.

Great minds think alike...as do greedy ones!  😄

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, miles said:

Awesome. The sabres are to the point that they are taking dead contracts to stay above league minimum. 

Why do I bother caring.

Io

Why don't you bother seeing the bigger picture?

This is the equivalent of being mad the Bills didn't spend to the cap in Allen's first year. 

16 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

What? Future considerations is a nice way of saying for free.

3 hours ago, SwampD said:

Just because you believe it doesn't mean it's true.

And it's exactly what they did the last tank.

The only difference is that they never use the word "Tank."

Hmm, maybe that's all it takes for it not to be a tank?

Then why is it true that they are tanking, because you believe it?

28 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Why don't you bother seeing the bigger picture?

This is the equivalent of being mad the Bills didn't spend to the cap in Allen's first year. 

What? Future considerations is a nice way of saying for free.

I argued tooth and nail with many, many fans here who said Beane and McDermott should have both been fired immediately for the quarterback situation they had prior to drafting Allen. I argued they were clearing space so they could make future moves and I was told over and over it was unforgivable and  incompetent to do that.

• Like (+1) 2

I come to the Sabres community seeking knowledge on this trade. I am lost and confused by all the cynicism and sarcastic comments. On a scale of 1 to 10 how do we think this plays out? 

I come to the Sabres community seeking knowledge on this trade. I am lost and confused by all the cynicism and sarcastic comments. On a scale of 1 to 10 how do we think this plays out? 

7 minutes ago, JohninMinn. said:

You can say that again

• Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, tom webster said:

Acquiring Boychuk is not only about exceeding the floor but giving them the flexibility to trade guys like Eakin, Miller and Haggard without worrying about said floor.

This is it. 

I've always said we need a few ex-Bruins to teach us how to play and build team. Was kind of thinking about ones who could lace up though......

Guess that means no Tarasenko 🙂

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.