Jack Eichel and 2023 3rd Traded to Vegas for F Alex Tuch, C Peyton Krebs, 2022 1st Top Ten Protected and 2023 2nd

Brawndo

It’s an arbitrary cut-off to be sure, but in the two calendar years prior to last night’s game, Eichel had only played 32 NHL games. In that stretch he was always hurt/injured and produced only 6 goals, 17 assists and 23 points. It has been 2 full years since Eichel was Eichel, so to speak. It may take some time for him to again reach the top levels of his game. 

• Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, Zamboni said:

I hope Jack gets 40 points between now and the end of the season. Just for the entertaining meltdown posts in here 😂

I frankly don’t care if he does well or not in Vegas. I wish him well. I hope he stays healthy regarding his neck. Moved on.

But you just said you hope he gets 40 points.

8 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

That's what happens when you decide that players who shouldn't be in the NHL are 2Cs for several consecutive years, and pretend that goalies that shouldn't be in the NHL are starters etc. 

The Sabres wasted a guy that could have developed into the premiere player on an elite team by being comically bad. This exacerbated Jack's flaws and diminished the very unique and very elite traits he had. I can't be bothered to hate Jack for this 

Jack had no one to play with, other than Reinhart, O'Reilly, Dahlin, Kane,  Skinner, Hall, McGinn, Gionta, Mittelstadt, Rodriguez, Okposo....

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

All the same, I can't pretend to have forgotten what he did for large stretches of 2018-2020, and can't pretend we'll see anything like that in a Sabres uniform anytime soon 

What?   What was so great about 2018-2020?   It was frustrating and hopeless losing hockey?  

It’s about the team, not about his stats or individual plays.  

14 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

I've never had a "second" team to root for but I think Vegas will now be my team out west, however, I also wouldn't mind if they got shut out every game for the rest of the season as we have their 1st round pick. 

In the playoffs I will be pulling for Florida because I want to see Reinhart win a Cup. Then I can say Sam Reinhart was, is, and always will be, fine. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

In the playoffs I will be pulling for Florida because I want to see Reinhart win a Cup. Then I can say Sam Reinhart was, is, and always will be, fine. 

I like Sam but I can’t pull for another team to get a Cup before we do.  Especially not  Florida, although I enjoy watching their  team.  

56 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'd rather see Samson lift a cup than Jack.

Man I wish Adams could have convinced Sam to stick around. Imagine him with Tuch and Krebs.

Someday I’ll get past this, especially since the Sabres Ownership and FO did most of the damage regarding Jack, but I would rather see Marchand lift the Cup than Jack right now.   That is how pissed  I am about this.  I admit it.  

I pulling for any team that plays Vegas.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I am pulling for any team that plays Vegas, because of the draft pick.

Jack is nowhere near the top of my favourite Sabres so I don’t care much except I want Tuch, Krebs to outscore him every year.

One thing that bugs me is by the time the Sabres are a contender the NHL will probably have clamped down on the LTIR rules. They will need a few million in cap space to trade for UFA Reinhart at the deadline.

16 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

That's what happens when you decide that players who shouldn't be in the NHL are 2Cs for several consecutive years, and pretend that goalies that shouldn't be in the NHL are starters etc. 

The Sabres wasted a guy that could have developed into the premiere player on an elite team by being comically bad. This exacerbated Jack's flaws and diminished the very unique and very elite traits he had. I can't be bothered to hate Jack for this 

Yup, that’s the rub.

The funny thing is, Jack obviously was a young player developing his first few years in the league, and by the time he actually became the guy who was in the MVP conversation, having a hand in a higher percentage of his team’s goals than almost any player in the league, with an improved defensive game, to boot, we traded ROR. In other words, once Jack became a true 1C, we traded our 2C. 

To your point, we never actually got to see the developed Jack Eichel with a single actual 2C, his entire time here. That’s wild. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

9 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Jack had no one to play with, other than Reinhart, O'Reilly, Dahlin, Kane,  Skinner, Hall, McGinn, Gionta, Mittelstadt, Rodriguez, Okposo....

Like they say, if you can’t be part of the solution… 

…then demand a trade out of town. 

Oh, and don’t forget to throw the organization under the bus on the way out. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.