GDT - Sabres @ Ducks - 10/28/2021 - 10:00 PM EDT

Sabres Fan in NS

9 minutes ago, SDS said:

What was awful about their goaltending other than maybe the first big far side rebound?

On the second goal he was there in plenty of time but failed to get to the post leaving the short side open, and on the 3rd goal he failed to come out to challenge the shooter but instead just moved toward the post leaving the whole far side of then net open.  Yes it was bounced in off R2, but he likely would have been beat if the shot had been on net. Basically he was out of position on both our 2nd and 3rd goals.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Two goals from a Swede, one from a Latvian and one from a Fin.  I remember when they called guys like that Eurotrash.

25 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

That was 2 points we didn’t deserve.  Thank G-d that their goaltending tonight was awful.  Nice play by VO on OT winner.

These last couple games remind me of the streak. We need to get back to playing 60 minutes. We also need to get Mitts and Eakin back.

Yep.  The center spine is much better with them.

Edited by The Ghost of Yuri
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

One amazing thing to me…how is this team winning with the worst center spine(with or without Mitts) in the NHL?

Yeah, for those saying that we're not playing our normal game, well no kidding, we're missing half our centers.  One of our centers was just converted during training camp.  Take it and move on.

5 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Two goals from a Swede, one from a Latvian and one from a Fin.  I remember when they called guys like that Eurotrash.

Yep.  The center spine is much better with them.

I didn’t say that. 

I will take any win, but you have to admit we were lucky and didn't really deserve it. They were crap to start and spotted us an easy 3 -0 lead but then they started to play the body more and drive the net and we were on our heels for the rest of the night before the OT. Pretty sure if it's Gibson and not Stolarz we don't win. 

Didn't result in goals, but saw some of those infamous Hagg giveaways tonight which is worrisome. Not a great game, but in terms of growth and culture change winning was really important and it's still a good sign. 

This keeps up we will start to see A list goalies instead of back ups and then things might be harder to maintain. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I will take any win, but you have to admit we were lucky and didn't really deserve it. They were crap to start and spotted us an easy 3 -0 lead but then they started to play the body more and drive the net and we were on our heels for the rest of the night before the OT. Pretty sure if it's Gibson and not Stolarz we don't win. 

Didn't result in goals, but saw some of those infamous Hagg giveaways tonight which is worrisome. Not a great game, but in terms of growth and culture change winning was really important and it's still a good sign. 

This keeps up we will start to see A list goalies instead of back ups and then things might be harder to maintain. 

They clogged our passing lanes. Teams are starting to game plan for us. Don has to come up with a wrinkle.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.