GDT - Sabres @ Ducks - 10/28/2021 - 10:00 PM EDT

Sabres Fan in NS

The 3 rd period was a combo of the Sabres being gassed and the Ducks aggressively trapping in the neutral zone.

They need Mitts back and to shift Cozens to RW. Cozens is struggling at C.

Their structure is so much better under Granato.  They don’t give up a ton of g,a ring opportunities even when they struggle.

• Like (+1) 1

As previously stated, this was the first game I watched in its entirety.  Did not like Cozens with Skinner and Vinnie Barbarino. To me it reeks of not putting one of your young core in a position to succeed. 

Also, did not care for the Tage at center project.  Didn’t seem to be any different than the Tage at wing project. 

That being said, it will be interesting to see how much gas Anderson has in the tank at 40?  He was very solid. 

4 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

As previously stated, this was the first game I watched in its entirety.  Did not like Cozens with Skinner and Vinnie Barbarino. To me it reeks of not putting one of your young core in a position to succeed. 

Also, did not care for the Tage at center project.  Didn’t seem to be any different than the Tage at wing project. 

That being said, it will be interesting to see how much gas Anderson has in the tank at 40?  He was very solid. 

Tage has been playing very well at center. Don't let that game make your mind up. He has been progressing nicely.

Almost blew a 3-0 lead but got the win in OT which was nice to see. This team is interesting...they shouldn't be winning like this but they are...

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Tage has been day and night better at centre. That was his first rough game of the season.

They need Mitts back and shift Cozens to RW.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

I'm sitting him and Bjork when Mitts and Eakin come back. (Did I just say I'm dressing Eakin? 🥶)

If Meatballs turns Cody “black hole” Eakin into a serviceable hockey player, they should rename the trophy.  Meatball coach of the year! 

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

Tage has been day and night better at centre. That was his first rough game of the season.

They need Mitts back and shift Cozens to RW.

The only place I’ve ever heard day and night instead of the inverse is Kid Cudi.  I feel like it has a different meaning. 

7 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

I stand corrected. Vinnie stays, Bjork and Hayden gone.

Nobody puts Hiney-Stroka in the corner!!

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Brawndo said:

VO’s 5v5 Game has improved immensely under Granato 

True, but it should be noted he was 3rd on the team in even strength points his rookie year, under Ralph. 

VO has always been given a bit more of a "PP focused" designation than he deserves 

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

True, but it should be noted he was 3rd on the team in even strength points his rookie year, under Ralph. 

VO has always been given a bit more of a "PP focused" designation than he deserves 

Yeh but hard not to with that one time shot... difference is he is starting to create on his own and setting up others without getting knocked off the puck.  Noticeably stronger on his skates.

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Just saw the highlights, is Zegras as much of a monster as he appeared in the highlights? He seems incredible.

His play didn’t turn into points for the Ducks, which is what ultimately matters in his case. However, he was all over the ice last night, in stark contrast to Cozens, who has had a painfully quiet start to the year.

• Thanks (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Just saw the highlights, is Zegras as much of a monster as he appeared in the highlights? He seems incredible.

They didn't show the blind passes, the dangles when he should have passed or the plays without the puck.

Those will disappear with experience. Amazing talent.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.