Around the NHL 2021-22

Doohickie

42 minutes ago, SDS said:

My point is, we don’t know how it went down. I don’t think it’s wrong to give people the benefit of the doubt instead of prescribing negative attributes to them before knowing who it went down. And they designed an entire kit. They used the logo as inspiration. That’s the only commonality with the 1987 team Canada jersey. And if I’m not mistaken this is an alternate jersey. Why do we have to assume nefarious attitudes for an alternate jersey? Why can’t it just be fun?

Yeah I get you.  I don't necessarily think it was nefarious.

37 minutes ago, Curt said:

What percentage of people here could not care any less whether or not the Leafs copied a Team Canada sweater for their 3rds?

I don't want them to have anything nice.

• Like (+1) 1

I think it's possible Matthews is going to Arizona when his contract expires if Toronto doesn't have more success in the playoffs.

Once they get a high pick or two he'll be the piece to put em over the top. 

Mommas boy comes home

10 hours ago, Norcal said:

Looks like another first round playoff loss to me 

So jealous for first round playoff losses.

12 hours ago, Curt said:

What percentage of people here could not care any less whether or not the Leafs copied a Team Canada sweater for their 3rds?

Count Me In GIF by James Bond 007

• Like (+1) 3

13 hours ago, Norcal said:

I think it's possible Matthews is going to Arizona when his contract expires if Toronto doesn't have more success in the playoffs.

Once they get a high pick or two he'll be the piece to put em over the top. 

Mommas boy comes home

I was listening to 590 out of Canada a few weeks ago and they were talking about Matthews.  They had a female reporter/blogger on who did a story on him.  She said she spent time in Arizona where he spends a lot of time (or lives) in the offseason.  She spent a lot of time on 2 things....1.) he always has a large 'entourage' with him. Whether that is friends, family, handlers, whoever..he spends his days rarely by himself but with a lot of people with him.  2.)  She said he seemed so much happier and relaxed in Arizona at 'home' than he does during the season in Toronto.

Now, can that be that he just treats the hockey season seriously and is an intense guy when playing? Maybe.  But the vibe of the conversation sure made it seem like he looks forward to being in AZ, NOT in the hockey pressure cooker that is Toronto.

If the Leafs start winning more in the post season and are serious, serious cup contenders ever year (making it to at least the conference finals), he MIGHT re-sign with Toronto. Anything other than that, and I think he is gone at the end of his deal.

3 hours ago, Weave said:

So jealous for first round playoff losses.

Playoffs are nice but I'd rather go and win.

Point is, the Sabres could still make it and win a series before the loafs do which is hilarious since they haven't even been in so long.

3 hours ago, Norcal said:

Playoffs are nice but I'd rather go and win.

Point is, the Sabres could still make it and win a series before the loafs do which is hilarious since they haven't even been in so long.

Point is, laughing at the Leafs losing playoff series when we haven't seen a playoff series in a decade is ***** silly.

11 minutes ago, Weave said:

Point is, laughing at the Leafs losing playoff series when we haven't seen a playoff series in a decade is ***** silly.

Futility is futility man. Take a pill and block me if you don't like my posts

Watching Red Wings at Maple Leafs broadcast, Toronto scores.  "You Make My Dreams Come True" (TO goal song) plays.

Ken Daniels:  "As much as I like Hall & Oates, I'm starting to hate that song."
Mickey Redmond:  "Well the Maple Leafs do a lot of dreaming."

Pop Tv Burn GIF by Schitt's Creek