Around the NHL 2021-22

Doohickie

6 hours ago, Norcal said:

Seems like alot but Toffoli can put pucks in the net and has been in long playoff runs. 

Injuries could screw up the compensation the Sabres could have gotten at the deadline. 

Toffoli also going back to his old, long time coach.

7 hours ago, Brawndo said:

7 hours ago, Norcal said:

Seems like alot but Toffoli can put pucks in the net and has been in long playoff runs. 

Injuries could screw up the compensation the Sabres could have gotten at the deadline. 

Funny, how people can see the same thing and disagree quite significantly.  It doesn't seem like very much for him at all.  The 1st will be late.  The 5th is nothing.  Pitlick is nothing (is he related to the other Pitlick the Habs already have?).  And the prospect doesn't seem to be highly touted.

So the value is a late round 1st.  Seems they should've gotten something else that's useful for him.

Edited by Taro T

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Funny, how people can see the same thing and disagree quite significantly.  It doesn't seem like very much for him at all.  The 1st will be late.  The 5th is nothing.  Pitlick is nothing (is he related to the other Pitlick the Habs already have?).  And the prospect doesn't seem to be highly touted.

So the value is a late round 1st.  Seems they should've gotten something else that's useful for him.

I know. That's why I said seems like. When u peel back the onion what u have is a playoff tested forward capable of scoring a few goals along the way. 

22 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Always was a strange choice not offer that kid a contract.

14 goals already on the first year of a 3-year, $1.5 million contract and he plays hard.

Jason Botterill was a bad GM who hated the CHL because he was a bad GM. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, dudacek said:

Always was a strange choice not offer that kid a contract.

14 goals already on the first year of a 3-year, $1.5 million contract and he plays hard.

He was at 140 and had 59 points i would have walked away also .

But i believe they offered him a contract he just didn't  Accepted it ( unless im thinking about someone else)

13 hours ago, Thorny said:

Number 500 for this legend 

The pride of Cole Harbour, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.

Not to be mistaken for the pride of Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada who played his minor league hockey in Cole Harbour.

And certainly not to be mistaken for that rat from Hammonds Plains, Nova Scotia, Canada.

500 goals in the NHL is still something huge.  Crosby is number 46 on that list.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NHL_players_with_500_goals

• Like (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

I've watched more of this Panthers Canes game than any Sabres game this season. Reino ties it up with 45 seconds to go.

He's having quite a season.

I usually don't care about former Sabres but I invested in Samson from juniors  so I'm happy for him. 

...in other news...Eichel is racking up the penalties in his return so far

• Like (+1) 1