Rochester Americans 2021-2022

Brawndo

9 hours ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Is there a deadline on when players waived by the Sabres can go down to Rochester? 

I'd like to see them waive Bjork towards the end of the season. He can skate really well, but IQ wise isn't able to process the game at the NHL level. He might be effective as part of an extended ROC playoff run though, when the game moves a little slower for him.

I'd guess you can't do this on the past a certain date otherwise NHL teams would all send down their JAGs. Is that right?

There is a date where the players will need to be on Rochester’s roster, but it can be a paper move and they can be put right back on Buffalo’s roster immediately after and remain there until season end.  As long as they are on the Amerks roster on that date they are eligible for AHL playoffs.

I don’t recall the exact date.

6 minutes ago, inkman said:

Absolutely.  He also looks like my 7 year old compared to most players on the ice.  He is tiny.  

He is, it allows him to slip by guys into open ice

1 minute ago, Claude Balls said:

Nathan Gerbil kinda tiny??

Just rail thin. He's 5'10

• Like (+1) 1

The Amerks are in 2nd in the North by points, but the teams immediately following them have higher Points Percentages and lots of games in hand (SYR 2, TOR 6, BEL 6, LAV 7....  7 games in hand and only 7 points back). The Sabres returning to health is just as important for Rochester. We want to see the kids on a playoff run, but they need to get there first.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Norcal said:

R2 34 points in 39 games but...he's a -14 as well. Yuck.

Quinn 41 in 27 games while Rossi has 42 in 46

Now Quinn 44 pts in 28 games and a -6

Now Rossi 42 pts in 47 games and a +6

I hope Quinn’s game translates well once he gets to the NHL full time. And he keeps developing. I think he will.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Now Quinn 44 pts in 28 games and a -6

Now Rossi 42 pts in 47 games and a +6

I hope Quinn’s game translates well once he gets to the NHL full time. And he keeps developing. I think he will.

This confirms to me that what he did in Ottawa was of his doing and not a product of riding Rossi’s coattails. The only time they shared ice was on PP1.

I still preferred Rossi at the draft due to position but like the puck now.

Next year, the following formula gets us to be a bubble playoff team:

-Quinn in the top 6 next year

-The guy Quinn bumps down on the 3rd line

-Peterka on the 3rd line

-Power successfully plays a legit top 4 role

-The big IF would be a competent goalie.

Other question marks would be a healthy Olofsson back on the PP and getting slightly better than league minimum talent to fill in the last couple unspoken for spots. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Next year, the following formula gets us to be a bubble playoff team:

-Quinn in the top 6 next year

-The guy Quinn bumps down on the 3rd line

-Peterka on the 3rd line

-Power successfully plays a legit top 4 role

-The big IF would be a competent goalie.

Other question marks would be a healthy Olofsson back on the PP and getting slightly better than league minimum talent to fill in the last couple unspoken for spots. 

+ Veteran RHD playing on opposite side of Power. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

Considering Samuelsson, Fitz, and Bryson aren't coming back to be a part of the playoff chase, picking up a vet like Alt was a good move. Hope it's not too late.

No Bryson, but they assigned Samuelsson, Fitz, and Krebs to the Amerks last week so they’d be eligible for an AHL playoff run. 

Edited by K-9
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.