Linus Ullmark: signs with Boston Bruins

SDS

50 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

Just resign Michael Houser and hope for the best. What difference does it make at this point.

Yeah, Houser and Kotarski.  

This could be like the 1985 Bills season where they waited for the USFL to fold and Kelly to arrive, going with Vince Ferragamo and Bruce Mathison at QB.

47 minutes ago, jsb said:

Well if they received the Linus who looked good for us, it's a big loss, if they received the Linus who couldn't stay healthy for any long stretch of time, well 5M of 4 years is a giant overpayment. We'll see who gets the last laugh.

When the Sabres finish dead last in the league this year, again, I’m pretty sure every team will continue laughing at us. As it has been for years now. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, carpandean said:

Not exactly ...

2020-21: 9-9

2019-20: 17-17

2018-19: 15-19

Overall: 50-60 as the Sabres' netminder

That W-L record for *this* franchise over the past few years is remarkable verging on miraculous.

• Like (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, tom webster said:

I guess I’ll take a loss on this one but they were sure this deal was done. I’m not entirely sure it was Linus who backed out.

Maybe not.  I suppose it was the $5M/yr that lead KA to back out.  Boston invests in goaltending.  Ok, who is going to play goal now and why is goaltending an afterthought with this organization?  

Adams will likely have to overpay one of remaining UFAs and they might have rely on UPL too.  

This is more terrible GMsmanship.  

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Ogelthorpe said:

Unless they play Boston in first 10 games Linoos will be on LTIR. LOL

We can only hope because I can see Hall, Lazar and Linus coming back to Key Bank and feeding the Sabres their lunch. (repeatedly) 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Maybe not.  I suppose it was the $5M/yr that lead KA to back out.  Boston invests in goaltending.  Ok, who is going to play goal now and why is goaltending an afterthought with this organization?  

Adams will likely have to overpay one of remaining UFAs and they might have rely on UPL too.  

This is more terrible GMsmanship.  

Nah... Ullmark can't stay healthy.    And I, for one, was never a fan of his post-game attitude, always came off as stand-offish, condescending in his post game pressers...kinda a douche TBH.     

• Awesome! (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Nah... Ullmark can't stay healthy.    And I, for one, was never a fan of his post-game attitude, always came off as stand-offish, condescending in his post game pressers...kinda a douche TBH.     

And sabres cant win jack sh1t, so its a win win. Watch Linus own u next season 40+ games, ill tag u with this post then.

I know Linus personally and he is no douche, u are.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

The terrible GMsmanship comment comes from the situation, not for love of Ullmark.   Who will we sign, and at what cost?  

In addition, his attitude was fine.  Maybe the stand-offish behavior is more cultural?  Hell, Tom Brady is an arse but what does that matter?  

We don’t have an NHL ready 1A, 1B, or even a 2.    We have Tokarski and UPL, both of which should stay in Rochester.  

I just tired of losing, and I’m more tired of a team with a front office that seems to be not trying.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

And sabres cant win jack sh1t, so its a win win. Watch Linus own u next season 40+ games, ill tag u with this post then.

As this Sabres team stands now, Boston will come into Key Bank and own them. Repeatedly. 

17 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

Let's not turn on each other, especially over a mediocre goalie.

2 hours ago, I-90 W said:

This season is going to be a legit train wreck. Choo choo

2 hours ago, Cascade Youth said:

Kevyn Adams is the worst GM in professional sports.

I'm trying not to lose it, but I am not feeling good about next season. I'm not about to throw KA under the bus, but it seems like the insiders are clearly not happy with what he's done in the off-season.

If you really think this is bad, let's not forget when Drury and Briere skipped town. That may have been the beginning of our downward slide.

18 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

The terrible GMsmanship comment comes from the situation, not for love of Ullmark.   Who will we sign, and at what cost?  

In addition, his attitude was fine.  Maybe the stand-offish behavior is more cultural?  Hell, Tom Brady is an arse but what does that matter?  

We don’t have an NHL ready 1A, 1B, or even a 2.    We have Tokarski and UPL, both of which should stay in Rochester.  

I just tired of losing, and I’m more tired of a team with a front office that seems to be not trying.  

I am sure we are the odds on favorite to finish last. If we do that means KA has led us to the bottom his first two years. Mind-blowing. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Dunno about that, just try finding 15 goalies better than him, or 10 when healthy.  He will be solid in boston.

Then why wasn't he paid like it?  No way you're getting a top 10-15 for 5 mil.

45 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

After Linus left, KA should've offered Seattle this. Is he afraid we'll win too many games if we have a decent goalie here? It doesn't make any sense for what his plan is with our goaltending situation. I don't want UPL or Tokarski up here to get rekt every night. We could've had Vanacek for a bag of pucks it looks like.

Anyone have any idea on what the "plan" could be? Holding out for a potential G coming back in an Eichel trade?

I don't get it

23 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Because he was injured a lot ?

That likely played a part.  Back to KA, we just don't know what the communication was from his agent.   If he needed much more money and term to endure the losing and potential risk of tarnishing his value until things can get better,  it may have been the prudent thing to not go that far.  Even though the immediate alternative is awful. 

1 hour ago, eman said:

Nope, the post was that even if the Sabres finish last and get the lottery pick again, they may not get the first pick next year and have to settle for "second best yet again in a better draft supposedly. Like they had to with Eichel, when McDavid was really who they wanted. I think I read his post properly.

Nope you didn't. It was about 2nd best in 2022 not being the same as Eichel. 

32 minutes ago, In The Buff said:

After Linus left, KA should've offered Seattle this. Is he afraid we'll win too many games if we have a decent goalie here? It doesn't make any sense for what his plan is with our goaltending situation. I don't want UPL or Tokarski up here to get rekt every night. We could've had Vanacek for a bag of pucks it looks like.

Anyone have any idea on what the "plan" could be? Holding out for a potential G coming back in an Eichel trade?

I don't get it

It’s not apparent to me that we would have ever been invited to be on this deal. The fact that he’s going back to the capitals might just mean there was an agreement to get this done depending on the outcome of free agency.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.