Linus Ullmark: signs with Boston Bruins

SDS

2 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I can't blame Linus for making that call. 

Or Sam, or Jake, or Risto...

I was counting on Linus to keep us in games this year and buy the kids time to grow. Instead of somebody stealing us games, we're going to end up with someone giving them away. Or paying assets we don't have in order to trade for someone worse than Linus.

Once Jack goes, we've literally lost ever single "good" veteran on the roster. And probably without getting a single one in return.

Adams better have a backup plan, but for the life of me I can't understand what it can be.

And the ***** Bruins of all teams.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

Good thing KA protected UFA Ullmark in expansion instead of acquiring a goalie.

Fire KA.

Didn't deal him at the deadline so they could keep sole negotiating rights, protected him, and then lost him for nothing. 

42 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Francis then tells him its Eichel for Vanecek straight up, If Francis is having a good day maybe he throws in Borgen and then the Sabres fans can get excited again

Nah.  They can trade us Beniers for Girgensons. 

10 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

He was a UFA that's exactly like keeping Ullmark

Not if you sign him

They couldn't do that with him being with Florida at the time, but if they traded for his rights they could have protected him while trying to work out a deal

He was willing to sign a deal for an expansion team before they even had their team drafted, and now he is the backup.

He could have been signed in Buffalo and also given the starter position

Just now, Cascade Youth said:

It was an issue last year and Adams did nothing to address or plan for it.  What are they selling the fans for 21-22?

Yeah, I agree.  I was hoping for decent goalkeeping to help keep the kids in most games.

1 minute ago, pi2000 said:

Hard to blame KA for this one.  Ullmark can't stay healthy, $5mil/yr is an overpayment IMO.   

Sign some old vets until UPL, Levi, or Portillo show they're ready.

Maybe not on Ullmark (thought I would). But certainly on not acquiring 1 from the entire pool 

7 minutes ago, Cascade Youth said:

It was an issue last year and Adams did nothing to address or plan for it.  What are they selling the fans for 21-22?

I'm curious about the stars goalie left unprotected. Anyone know there goalie situation? Also, I think the sabres felt upl would be ready in two years.

Linus had a winning record for the team with the worst record in the NHL.

I will miss him.

On the other hand, I always have disliked the Bruins, but up until now, Philadelphia has been the top team I have disliked.  I may have to reevaluate which team I dislike more after T. Hall f*cked us and now Linus signing with the Bruins.

Side note: Under no circumstances should we trade Eichel to the Bruins.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.