Linus Ullmark: signs with Boston Bruins

SDS

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

@nfreeman

Question, and if this isn't the right spot for it, please move it to wherever it belongs (PM, customer service, circular file, etc.)

Why was this thread, which was all about speculation about where Ullmark will end up for the 1st 11 or so pages pinned, when Brawndo started a thread specifically for where he ended up?

Seems this one should've been closed and the other pinned.  Apologies if this comes across as calling you out.  Not the intention.  Just confused.

Probably because I changed the title. I’m just trying to keep with the theme today and making sure nothing goes right. 

• Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

What’s his cap hit in Boston? If it’s over 5mil per… Boston deliciously paid too much IMO.

That's why you don't let players get to free agency. Teams over spend. We've lost players through poor oversight. This franchise bis so bad it's beyond me.

• Like (+1) 3

Good choice and move by Ullmark. I'm upset we're losing him, his joyful attitude, his shootout prowess, and his fantastic masks. And his theme music. But it was clear that Boston was a good landing spot for him once Rask wasn't extended in-season (and the whole leaving-the-bubble thing). He's not Rask, but he's solid. And he can go play on a great team. Good on you, Linus.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, lothar said:

When do the beer league goalies get into the free agency pool? KA is just waiting to pounce.

I'm getting excited now

I have a long tough to pronounce last name

I am around 5'-9"

I own goalie equipment

I was even the top goalie and tied with the Best GAA in my first year playing in a Co_Ed adult rec hockey league...........

KA, if your reading this, i can send you my number.........

I can even save TP some money as I own a bunch of Sabres jerseys too!

Edited by apuszczalowski
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This past season was the first time in my life I didn't watch a single Sabres game from beginning to end. Often I couldn't find the motivation to spend my time on such a poor team. The times when tried they stunk the joint up so bad I couldn't hang around for the whole thing. 

Seeing what's happened this past week, culminating with the apparent decision to yet again not address the most important position in hockey, I think I may have a hard time even following this team at all. 

I can't tell if we are seeing an intentionally devastating tank, grotesque incompetency, or simply a franchise so down on it's luck it's essentially viewed as a minor league team.  It may sound melodramatic, but as a fan I really can't take it anymore. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

That's correct, and about a million goalies joined new teams today.  KA should've gotten one of them as an insurance policy against Linus leaving.

KA now finds himself needing to trade for a goalie.  I wonder how those negotiations will go?

I'll wait for the outcome, but this looks like a debacle right now.

In the hypothetical world where we want to win hockey games, we literally need 2 lol

Just now, nfreeman said:

Fair question.  It seemed like the 2 threads were very much intertwined, so I merged the old one into Brawndo's new one and kept Brawndo's title.  But maybe your approach would've been better.

The reason I brought it up is 2 fold.

1.  People who didn't read the thread about Eklund's spot on prognostication will have nearly a dozen pages to go to find out the details.

And 2, as incredibly in efficient as the search function is here (the software vendor's issue, not Scott's btw) having these 2 threads merged will make it nearly impossible to ever find this info again in a year or 2.  That would not be the case if they were still separate threads.

Again, not calling you out.  Just confused.  Thanks for all you do here.  🍺

• Like (+1) 1

You know what's crazy? It doesn't seem that long ago when we were heralding the Pegulas as saviors ... passionate fans who wanted nothing more than to bring a championship to the city. 

I think they've basically just given up on the Sabres. I'm glad I'm a Bills fan so I can just pretend these other Pegulas don't exist.

In the NFL world, they're ideal owners. Hiring the best, beefing up their scouts, building the newest training facilities.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.