2021 Free Agent Frenzy! July 28

steveoath

55 minutes ago, Rasmus_ said:

Kahun, Donato, Rafferty, and Pius Suter, if possible.   Those are four names I'm all about, as we rebuild. 

No interest in Kahun. At some point we have to let go of the concepts we have of these players versus the actual player. He has been non-tendered twice. He’s exactly what Adams was talking about when he said said he didn’t want to “box out” the young guys. Suter I like because there’s actually production and potential there.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Some geo-locked NHL speculation. No idea what’s being said because it’s blocked in the US. https://www.tsn.ca/video/lebrun-leafs-yet-to-offer-andersen-a-contract-have-interest-in-m~2248528

- Leafs, Jets, Flames in trouble with only 1 goalie signed (lol)

- Carolina has zero, too

- Leafs haven't offered a deal to Andersen, just some discussions, expected to hit market but not a certainty

- Anderson on Hurricanes short list

- Mrazek on Leafs short list

- Leafs, Hurricanes trade interest in Kuemper

- Canes trying to resign Bernier

- David Savard, D discussed by Jets, Habs

- Getzlaf not close to new deal, LeBrun thinks returning a possibility, but Getzlaf readying himself to test market for first time

- Kraken expected to be active in free agency where Vegas was not to make up for weaker expansion draft, due to extra cap space. mentioned Jaden Schwartz

19 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I'm going to predict they have no plans to sign a single one. Maybe a small smattering of Riley Sheahan types to fill out the roster but basically nobody. 

Also going to predict (and it's a mistake) that UPL will be our goalie and Power will be in our opening day line up. 

I disagree regarding Power.  With this crappy team, I think he’d be better off returning to Michigan for another year.  If they want, they can then bring him in after the college season.

As for goalies, we may be looking at the signing of an old fart like Mike Smith.  At least Hutton is finally off the books.

17 minutes ago, sweetlou said:

Any chance with all the swedes in buffalo, KA can overpay and convince LANDESKOG to come to Buffalo and be the captain after they trade Jack!!

maybe a 7 year $56million contract.  AAV would be $8 million

$8M is not an overpay for Landeskog in this market. He’ll get that from good teams.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Strategically looking at where this team will be for the next 2 seasons - Not yet ready for prime time, but developing a young talent prospect corps growing up together over time.  Any UFA we bring in here, there is only one quality I want - Leadership.

We need someone at the tail end of their career who has proven his leadership chops, and is not here for ego, but for the main purpose to MENTOR our next round of future Letter-wearers (to be earned by proving leadership in adversity, not given letters b/c of talent - see Eichel).  Cozens shows early promise, but needs to sit as a Padawan learning under a Jedi-Master Leader of Men.  We need to find that Leader/Mentor to train up a select few of these kids in the way they should one day soon lead.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Jävə Keith said:

Strategically looking at where this team will be for the next 2 seasons - Not yet ready for prime time, but developing a young talent prospect corps growing up together over time.  Any UFA we bring in here, there is only one quality I want - Leadership.

We need someone at the tail end of their career who has proven his leadership chops, and is not here for ego, but for the main purpose to MENTOR our next round of future Letter-wearers (to be earned by proving leadership in adversity, not given letters b/c of talent - see Eichel).  Cozens shows early promise, but needs to sit as a Padawan learning under a Jedi-Master Leader of Men.  We need to find that Leader/Mentor to train up a select few of these kids in the way they should one day soon lead.

I would like Nick Foligno for this role, but I’m sure he’s probably only looking for a competitive team to sign with. 

This is probably true for all of the veteran leadership types. The Sabres would likely be relegated to someone nobody else wants, but still wants to squeak out 2 more years for some money.

Buffalo no longer has the “hey you could play on a line with Eichel” card they used to lure in Skinner and Hall. 

Edited by Andrew Amerk
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Eleven said:

We do?  I've read on here that the Sabres don't like Russians because Terry Pegula doesn't like Russians and he's really running the team no matter who the GM is.

Someone didn’t want them.  In the past 6 seasons they had 1 Russian guy play 1 season for the NHL team, and drafted 1 Russian guy in the previous 7 drafts.

That is too highly unusual to be a coincidence.

35 minutes ago, gilbert11 said:

I disagree regarding Power.  With this crappy team, I think he’d be better off returning to Michigan for another year.  If they want, they can then bring him in after the college season.

As for goalies, we may be looking at the signing of an old fart like Mike Smith.  At least Hutton is finally off the books.

He re-signed with Oilers. He's no good anyway.

52 minutes ago, sweetlou said:

Any chance with all the swedes in buffalo, KA can overpay and convince LANDESKOG to come to Buffalo and be the captain after they trade Jack!!

maybe a 7 year $56million contract.  AAV would be $8 million

Can't imagine any high profile FA signing in Buffalo. Unless he doesn't get any offers, which would be a shock.

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Well no qualifying offer, scored 15 goals, arbitration would get him 4 million.

Sounds like they aren’t letting him, they just didn’t want him. 

F the Bruins. I hope they become a dumpster fire. Enjoy Hall.

Edited by Andrew Amerk
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.