2021 Free Agent Frenzy! July 28

steveoath

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

How can they literally trade a player for 'nothing'?  Does there not have to be something going the other way?  Conditonal pick that is so outrageous that it would never happen?  Something?

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
more goodly typing ...
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, I-90 W said:

This is frustrating, they could have given him to us and we’re not even in their conference.

He had a full M-NTC 

2 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

How can they literally trade a player for 'nothing'?  Does there not have to be something going the other way?  Conditonal pick that is so outrageous that it would never happen?  Something?

Yeah I don't understand how that works either. 

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Very interesting.  Good pickup for Chicago.

I was listening to Elliotte Friedman's comments from yesterday.  They mentioned the last time a Vezina winner was traded the following season was when Buffalo traded Hasek to Detroit.

Once we give Jack away for a bag of hockey pucks as we did with Sam will we even meet the cap-floor threshold? Looking on the bright aside we should be able to lock up the  1st overall pick again next year fairly early. Isn't there new rules concerning how many times one team can have the 1st overall pick now? Thought I read that a new rule came in stopping teams from getting 1st overall pick too often in a 5 year stretch. Anybody hear of this rule?

16 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

This gives Vegas around 12mil in capspace. If they want to trade for Eichel, they now have the flexibility to do so.

Vegas is like the Rangers, not sure they have the horses to give us a fair deal for Eichel. I think Minnesota the ideal partner since they have proven NHLers and a prospect or two that I like. 

4 minutes ago, sabrefanday1 said:

Once we give Jack away for a bag of hockey pucks as we did with Sam will we even meet the cap-floor threshold? Looking on the bright aside we should be able to lock up the  1st overall pick again next year fairly early. Isn't there new rules concerning how many times one team can have the 1st overall pick now? Thought I read that a new rule came in stopping teams from getting 1st overall pick too often in a 5 year stretch. Anybody hear of this rule?

Yeah the rule starting next year, I think it's you can't have more than 2 number one overall picks in a draft over a 5 year span. See no more Edmonton/Buffalo "tanking". 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

Vegas is like the Rangers, not sure they have the horses to give us a fair deal for Eichel. I think Minnesota the ideal partner since they have proven NHLers and a prospect or two that I like. 

I think Vegas very much can match Minnesota. They have drafted well in their short time and even have a couple of Russians if we want to continue to go that route. 

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I think Vegas very much can match Minnesota. They have drafted well in their short time and even have a couple of Russians if we want to continue to go that route. 

I agree with you on Minnesota having the best options at this point but having teams bidding against each other is the key to maximizing our return.  Let's get her done Kevin.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.