2021 Free Agent Frenzy! July 28

steveoath

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

I think Vegas very much can match Minnesota. They have drafted well in their short time and even have a couple of Russians if we want to continue to go that route. 

Fill the team with Russians and then dangle the keys to a Dartz Prombron in front of Ovi 😂

397303_Juste_a_temps_pour_l_Halloween_Da

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Yeah the rule starting next year, I think it's you can't have more than 2 number one overall picks in a draft over a 5 year span. See no more Edmonton/Buffalo "tanking". 

So we got Dahlin then Power so we can't get 1st overall next year so we 're tanking for what?

1 minute ago, sabrefanday1 said:

So we got Dahlin then Power so we can't get 1st overall next year so we 're tanking for what?

This is not accurate. The 1st overall rule goes into effect starting with the 2022 draft and moving forward. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, I-90 W said:

As competitive as they have been, this isn’t a good look for Vegas’ front office. Players notice these types of details. I definitely couldn’t picture KA doing someone like that.

Our GM didn't even know if our Captain was skating or not, I'm pretty sure it's common that management and players are in their own worlds imo.

7 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Yeah the rule starting next year, I think it's you can't have more than 2 number one overall picks in a draft over a 5 year span. See no more Edmonton/Buffalo "tanking". 

My understanding was that teams couldn't move up in the lottery more than twice in a 5 year period.  But a team that finishes 32nd or 31st can "win" their slot staying in the same spot and it won't count as a win against them.  If they stay where they are because teams with the 12th-16th picks win it definitely won't be held against them; and expect their own winning won't count against them, but not 100% positive about that.

No idea how they plan to implement it.  Best guess is a team that can't win the lottery will still be in it but if they do win the lottery there will be another number combination selected and they'll keep redrafting until they have 2 eligible teams get the 1st pick & the 2nd pick.

The other 2 changes to the system are teams can only move up a max of 10 slots and only picks 1 and 2 are up for grabs.

1 minute ago, GoPuckYourself said:

Our GM didn't even know if our Captain was skating or not, I'm pretty sure it's common that management and players are in their own worlds imo.

But contacting someone before trading them, or at least before it is public, is something a GM can control.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Where would you prefer I put it?

There is a whole topic on NFL trades.

Just now, SDS said:

There is a whole topic on NFL trades.

Maybe the other one just needs to be closed.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.