Which of the Big 3 Are Moved?

WildCard

Which of Reinhart/Ristolainen/Eichel are traded?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Which of Reinhart/Ristolainen/Eichel are traded?

The trade freeze lifts Thursday 7/22/2021 at 1pm. The draft is the next night, Friday 7/23/2021, at 8pm. That window is really the window where Eichel and Reinhart will be moved, and most likely Ristolainen. So, who do you think is moved?

4 minutes ago, WildCard said:

The trade freeze lifts Thursday 7/22/2021 at 1pm. The draft is the next night, Friday 7/23/2021, at 8pm. That window is really the window where Eichel and Reinhart will be moved, and most likely Ristolainen. So, who do you think is moved?

You mean this Friday  😉

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

I think all 3 move, (Eichel at 100%) with Reinhart having a 20% chances of staying and Risto having a 35% chance of staying. 

I'm okay with this except Eichel at 100%. I'm less sure he'll be traded. Also think it maybe later rather than sooner before any are traded.

2 minutes ago, Radar said:

I'm okay with this except Eichel at 100%. I'm less sure he'll be traded. Also think it maybe later rather than sooner before any are traded.

I could definitely see the Eichel deal drag into the summer 

I could easily be wrong, but the more this goes on, the more it feels that NOTHING will happen before the draft.  GMKA will not make a trade just to make a trade and will cite that the return was not enough to justify making a change.   GMKA will select Power at 1OA and then we'll watch other teams make moves, but not Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

I think it will. The other two could be moved at draft if it gets us another high first round pick. Otherwise I think all three will be later in summer.

15 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I could see it drag longer, like into the season, unless KA settles for less than what is reasonably fair for an injured, young,  superstar player. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I could see it drag longer, like into the season, unless KA settles for less than what is reasonably fair for an injured, young,  superstar player. 

I'm still with @dudacekthat the injury dynamics are being slightly overplayed. At least if we can believe at all some of the rumored packages being suggested (though I suppose w/o confirmation we can't). The offers being suggested to me are so noteworthy in terms of value that I more so see the gap between these deals and what we "want" for Jack Eichel to be more representative of a "bargaining play" by opposing GMs (run-of-the-mill negotiating, more less) and less representative of an "injury discount" on a severely injured player. 

We won't know until we see the return, but in my head I don't see teams being like, "well, there's a good chance this guy will never get back to health, so I'm not giving up Trevor Zegras, but 3rd overall and a top 6 player? Have at it".

Edited by Thorny

Just now, nfreeman said:

@WildCard -- is the question "which of the 3 will be moved at or before the draft?" or is it "which of the 3 will be moved before the start of the season?"  Or other?

The latter, the dates are simply there because that is the most likely time they are traded. 

9 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Ristolainen to the sun for idgaf

I know you hate Risto. I don't.  If he's here, he's here.  I also think he's the most likely to get traded anyway because some teams do seem to believe he's a good player and he's in a position where the Sabres are fairly deep so return doesn't matter as much.  Eich and Reino move only if between them we get a 1C back (or a 2C capable of playing on the top line for a while).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.