Who will have a better record this season: Sabres or Kraken?

LGR4GM

Better kraken sabres  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be better this season, Sabres or Kraken?

• Sabres
    • Kraken

Again, expansion is designed to give the Kraken an average team: the 11th best asset on every roster.

It stands to reason they should be an average team if they do an average job of picking. 

And an average team should be better than the Sabres.

Why are people making this a thing? It’s supposed to be like this.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Curt said:

Why do you do this to yourself?

I have become, comfortably numb

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Again, expansion is designed to give the Kraken an average team: the 11th best asset on every roster.

It stands to reason they should be an average team if they do an average job of picking. 

No one is making this a thing. Just a simple question on where ppl see the next season going. Sometimes you over-read into things. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I have become, comfortably numb

No one is making this a thing. Just a simple question on where ppl see the next season going. Sometimes you over-read into things. 

Would you agree with me that under the expansion rules, the Kraken would really have to ***** things up, not to be better than the Sabres?

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Would you agree with me that under the expansion rules, the Kraken would really have to ***** things up, not to be better than the Sabres?

Yes. Depending on the Sabres off-season, it would be far more likely for Sabres to be worse. 

Just now, darksabre said:

It's way too early to try to make a guess on this. We have no idea what the Sabres roster is going to look like in October. 

True.  And things could change significantly, but right now the smart money would be on the Krakers.  

• Like (+1) 3

13 hours ago, dudacek said:

They get the 11th player off of each team, but no elite centers, no elite 2C, no Norris type defenseman, and probably an older goalie with a big contract.  They will be competent and competitive if they do what Vegas did:  (1) pick a top tier goalie to go with their middle tier core; (2) get a great coach that pushes them; and (3) bring in character guys and hard workers.  

I think they might surprise us and take Girgensens.   Depends on what other defensemen they can get as to whether Miller or Borgen are in play.  Girgs would be useful and he works hard.  .  

On the goaltending topic , they should take Carey Price and ride him.   Why The Pegula’s GM’s can’t find competent goaltending is beyond me.   You can’t win consistently without goaltending.   

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I just used the Expansion draft tool and wow, there is a ton of talent available.  The Kraken will have a better team and certainly better goaltending.  

What’s the expansion draft tool?

also, is there a one stop shop that lists all the players from all teams that are available to Seattle?

12 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Appropriate place for your post.

But wonder what pinhead put the cover of "The Dark Side of the Moon" as the graphic for "Comfortably Numb."

PS - on Sirius' Classic Rewind channel they've had the demo for CN in the regular rotation.  The chorus is nearly identical, but the verses went through MAJOR revisions and Gilmour hadn't yet added the solo that makes the song.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I’m going against the grain.  Jack and Risto will be gone but we’ll get enough now players to field a respectable lineup and KA will get is 2 decent goalies.  

We’ll be neck and neck with the Kraken but draft after them when it is all said and done.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.