Wild to buy out Parise and Suter!

GASabresIUFAN

Said it in other threads but acquiring Eichel for them would be a bad move IMO now. They have $13-15M in dead cap the next 3 seasons where Jack would be in his prime and still have to pay other players. They're not a good team; they need more than just Eichel. I don't see how losing Rossi+ in exchange for Eichel helps them compete in the long term. They'd just be in no-mans land, going .500 every year without any depth.

Just now, WildCard said:

Said it in other threads but acquiring Eichel for them would be a bad move IMO now. They have $13-15M in dead cap the next 3 seasons where Jack would be in his prime and still have to pay other players. They're not a good team; they need more than just Eichel. I don't see how losing Rossi+ in exchange for Eichel helps them compete in the long term. They'd just be in no-mans land, going .500 every year without any depth.

I think the wild are a good team that are a star center away from contending for a cup 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, WildCard said:

So to be honest that is minn problem. We can take advantage of a desperate gm looking for a big name and get a great return

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

I think the wild are a good team that are a star center away from contending for a cup 

They had a better record than I thought...am I alone in thinking the Wild need more than Jack?

Just now, cwchze said:

So to be honest that is minn problem. We can take advantage of a desperate gm looking for a big name and get a great return

True. I like Rossi, but I would so much rather have Zegras/Byfield or just keep Jack to be honest.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, WildCard said:

They had a better record than I thought...am I alone in thinking the Wild need more than Jack?

True. I like Rossi, but I would so much rather have Zegras/Byfield or just keep Jack to be honest.

You're not alone. I just can't see Jack being the thing they need to be contenders. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Kaprizov - Eichel - xxx

Greenway - Eriksson Ek - Zuccarello

Foligno - Bonino - Hartman

With rock solid defensive fundamentals that make many goalies play well

Is pretty enticing. Eriksson ek is excellent defensively and broke out a bit offensively this year 

And I'm assuming we get Fiala. If we didn't somehow (maybe boldy and rossi and dumba and first? Idk) they look even better 

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I like the return dudacek had for us:

rossi boldy dumba and a first . I have felt for a long time the sabres catered to jack. Never felt he was a leader like drury or others from our last great team

Asta la pasta jack

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

To the question at hand ... yes, if the right deal could be struck both would be very good veteran additions.  If it's an either / or thing than that is a bit tougher, but I think Suter over Parise.

Definitely steer clear of Parise at this point unless it's a veteran minimum (which he wouldn't do). He's the Staal now. No wheels left, wanted to go home to Minnesota to play out his days. If he goes anywhere now it's to a contender. Suter though... would be a nice veteran addition. I mean, Duncan Keith just got traded and he's a husk of himself. Suter at 3M for a couple seasons? In the McCabe role? I could be talked into that. But... again, he should only be looking at contenders. Watch, he'll go to Tampa on a 1-year $1M deal.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, steveoath said:

This decision is barmy. 

Minnesota has to pray that the flat cap lifts immediately. This season is fine... they can sign Kaprizov to a big deal if they want (or... <cough, cough> trade for Eichel, etc.). But season after this one, 12M, then 14M off their cap for two more seasons....  If the cap is flat through 2023-24, they won't have any money for long term contracts.

Barmy and brazen.

Question to the 'space: Does this inspire us to buy out Skinner this week?

(Note: I don't. He's not yet lost a step and his cap hit is silly until after his signing bonus payout in a few years, until which he should still be a legitimate 20-goal/year threat. But... we wouldn't have to protect him, then.) Curious what y'all might consider, though, to keep all of Asplund, Bjork, and Thompson on cheap deals.

4 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Minnesota has to pray that the flat cap lifts immediately. This season is fine... they can sign Kaprizov to a big deal if they want (or... <cough, cough> trade for Eichel, etc.). But season after this one, 12M, then 14M off their cap for two more seasons....  If the cap is flat through 2023-24, they won't have any money for long term contracts.

Barmy and brazen.

Question to the 'space: Does this inspire us to buy out Skinner this week?

(Note: I don't. He's not yet lost a step and his cap hit is silly until after his signing bonus payout in a few years, until which he should still be a legitimate 20-goal/year threat. But... we wouldn't have to protect him, then.) Curious what y'all might consider, though, to keep all of Asplund, Bjork, and Thompson on cheap deals.

No, he has too many years remaining and we'd be paying the price for that through 2033.

image.thumb.png.4e4c2ec3c8cde0fc82e561a562c4319f.png

Edited by Mustache of God
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

1) Remember Pegula was all in on signing these two to similar deals.

2) I think Rossi is just a good a piece as Zegras. Much better 200 foot player.

If Rossi were 200 feet Liger would hate him

25 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Suter can still help a team develop young defenders as a third pairing guy who kills penalties 

He’s going to a contender. Parise and the Isles seemed like a match and that still makes sense for them. Suter will take this chance to contend somewhere. He is already getting paid to not play for one team so I’d be shocked if money is his motivation.

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Wild have pick 21 and 24 in the first round. 

4 hours ago, WildCard said:

So nothing special in this draft. Unless we can package those that does nothing for me.

If Minnesota doesn’t want to give up draft picks this year, the quality of the players can increase.

The Sabres always have the option of retaining money on Eichel if it increases the return to the level they want. 

They no longer need to move Dumba, but might have a hard time signing Fiala. 

Other assets include Rossi, Boldy, Greenway and Addison 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.